Best ways to make my Z a corner king...On a budget

2222Piggy

If its a budget purely to win your competition, then I suggest thinking outside the box.

Go into the nearest town to The Ring and book the most attractive hooker you can find for the afternoon you are going on track. Get her to flash the other drivers in full nudity and you should secure yourself a good laptime :)

Allcar tyres and exhausts in hudds have a Hawkeye laser system. I've used them a few times and both times once geo was corrected car drove WAY better and can't fault the service. Was about £70. Search for my old posts there will be a couple about it :thumbs:

You can ask them to put it back to stock settings or add some -ve camber for a slightly more aggressive setup.

Probably best to do some geo setup research first to match your driving style.

Well worth getting the geo set up by someone like center gravity or similar. When I changed my suspension on the TVR has it done by a local place on a laser alignment machine and was not 100% happy with it. Took it to Kenny Brown in Hillington who not only put it on a machine but road tested several times and made fine adjustments, yes was double the cost but the car was transformed

If its a budget purely to win your competition, then I suggest thinking outside the box.

Go into the nearest town to The Ring and book the most attractive hooker you can find for the afternoon you are going on track. Get her to flash the other drivers in full nudity and you should secure yourself a good laptime :)

That sounds like you're thinking in the box to me. :blush::yahoo:

I heartily recommend the HSD coilovers (sorry Ekona, "aftermarket" coilovers ;)) and would actually spend money there rather than R888's myself, they wont wear out and made a world of difference to my car - if you are already running decent tyres the increase in performance with fitting R888's wont be as great either. Cant speak for ARB's or bracing but the coilovers stiffen everything up anyway, Id be looking at them first and the other options after.

Bear in mind that standard Z33 suspension isnt very adjustable before you go spending £300 getting it set up, Id advise a £70 laser alignment first and see how you get on :)

I'd imagine getting some guided laps or tuition at the Ring will get you going the quickest around there. If you can get a guide in the car with you when you do your laps I'd imagine you will win for sure ;)

I'd imagine getting some guided laps or tuition at the Ring will get you going the quickest around there. If you can get a guide in the car with you when you do your laps I'd imagine you will win for sure ;)

TrackTutor App for iPhone is what I have :)

Also RaceUnion App which uses GPS to determine where you are on track and built in timer

(You can even put in make and model of car)