Definitive bulb replacement/fitment list Help pls

notfub

There seems to be no straight answer when it comes to finding the exact replacement bulb fitments for the UK 350Z. The following list of fitments comes from one of the usual internet based bulb sellers but there does seems to be mixed reports (based on forum threads) about the correct fitment list. With this in mind I thought I'd post this up as a starter for 10 and update as responses flood (or should I say trickle) in :thumbs:

Front Lights

Dipped Beam Non-Facelift = D2R (confirmed)

Dipped Beam Facelift= D2S (confirmed)

Main Beam = H7

Sidelight = 501

Front Indicator = T20 also known as 7440 and 7443 wedge fit (confirmed)

Side Indicator = 501A

Rear Lights

Stop & Tail = 380 (twin filament)

NB: Rear "stop & tail" bulbs on the 2003/04 UK Nissan 350Z are T20 dual filament (also known as 7443 dual filament) and NOT 380 bulbs! 

Sidelight = 380

Rear Indicator = T20 also known as 7440 and 7443 wedge fit (confirmed)

Rear Fog = T20 also known as 7440 and 7443 wedge fit (confirmed)

Reverse = T20 also known as 7440 and 7443 wedge fit

Number Plate = 501

NOTES

According to http://www.ledbulbsauto.com/bulbcompare.html

T20 can also be known as a 992, 7440 or 7443

581 can also be known as a 7507 or 382

:bang:

Thanks to the following contributors;

Neilp

TomS

Edited by GMballistic
To add correct stop & tail bulb type for older 350 Zeds
  • Like 1

I went through 3 orders with Autobulbsdirect to figure out the correct ones :bangin:

My 2004 takes wedge type bulbs on the rear, I originally bought too wide a bulb, then the wrong fitment and finally correct ones. If you get LEDs for indicators you will probably need an LED resistor. I've taken the LED rear indicators out as they were making the indicator flash on and off way too fast.

Think the correct bulbs for rear indicator, fog and reverse are 7440 and 7443 wedge fit, for 2004 anyway!

• Like 1

Given the confusion in previous threads and the bad advice on supplier websites I thought this would be a good thing to do but not many takers out there :surrender:

Thanks to Neilp & TomS for contributing :thumbs:

• 7 months later...

I know I'm a bit late here but IMHO great idea this. I got some crystal fog/reverse/indicator lenses from across the pond, no clue what to put in them with comflicting reports on the internet at large, don't want to remove until I have some replacement bits. Thanks for kicking it off TomS.

If this is relevant I don't know, however, the dome lights are 31mm festoon bulbs, the boot light is the same 31mm festoon, the sun visors are 29mm festoons, all can be changed in less than 5 mins total (but id advise against doing what I have done using LED's in the sun visors. Far too bright...

• Like 1

From here: http://www.350z-uk.c...you-uprated-to/

The front sidelights x2, rear Numberplate x2 and boot light x 1 are all the same type - w5w 501.

The interior light requires 2 x 30mm festoon type bulbs.

White LED is the way to go for the modern look, they are white with a tiny hint of blue. You can get them all cheap on ebay but they may not last too long. Not so bad with the easy to change bulbs but a pain with the sidelight bulbs.

I would recommend Autobulbs direct for good quality items and if you PM a mod they will give you a discount code.

Here you go;

Sidelight - 2x http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-led-extreme-power-1.5w-360-degree-white-blue-red-amber.html

Numberplate and boot - 3x http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-LED-Single-Assorted-colours.html

Interior - 2x http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/269-4-led-festoon-bulbs-30mm.html

• 1 month later...

The front sidelights x2, rear Numberplate x2 and boot light x 1 are all the same type - w5w 501.

White LED is the way to go for the modern look, they are white with a tiny hint of blue. You can get them all cheap on ebay but they may not last too long. Not so bad with the easy to change bulbs but a pain with the sidelight bulbs.

I would recommend Autobulbs direct for good quality items and if you PM a mod they will give you a discount code.

Here you go;

Sidelight - 2x http://www.autobulbs...-red-amber.html

Numberplate and boot - 3x http://www.autobulbs...ed-colours.html

Interior - 2x http://www.autobulbs...bulbs-30mm.html

Here you go;

Sidelight - 2x http://www.autobulbs...-red-amber.html

Numberplate and boot - 3x http://www.autobulbs...ed-colours.html

Interior - 2x http://www.autobulbs...bulbs-30mm.html

OK I must be losing the plot...!

A while ago I bought silvered indicator bulbs for the front of my '06 facelift and last night taking advantage of getting home early decided to "pop them in".

Fail #1: I didn't realise each front lamp assembly needed TWO bulbs!

Fail #2: Linked to fail#1 I managed (just!) to ease the lamp assembly forward a gnat's whisker and unfasten the bulb holder but I couldn't manouver the bulb holder out although I did manage to pull the topmost bulb out.

Fail #3: My indicator bulb appears to have a flatened end and not what I was expecting/bought ie a bayonet fitting.

Having read threads here on bulbs I am totally confused as to what I need to replace my orange bulbs with silvered ones.

I've checked the Autobulbs website but they only show bayonet fitting indicator bulbs. Am I going mad? Did I imagine that mine are flattened?

Anyways I managed to get the pesk holder refitted and all lights are working OK but am stumped about replacements!

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I went through 3 orders with Autobulbsdirect to figure out the correct ones :bangin:

My 2004 takes wedge type bulbs on the rear, I originally bought too wide a bulb, then the wrong fitment and finally correct ones. If you get LEDs for indicators you will probably need an LED resistor. I've taken the LED rear indicators out as they were making the indicator flash on and off way too fast.

Think the correct bulbs for rear indicator, fog and reverse are 7440 and 7443 wedge fit, for 2004 anyway!

Indicators flash fast as they don't draw enough current with led's, iirc they need a 25w resistor on each side, best place to fit this is in the loom in the boot

Would I be right in saying previous thread should read 25 ohms rather than 25 watt?

resistor is basically a 25 Watt power sink that will make the flasher relay think your stock bulbs are still there

hmm after doing some research it seems unclear, advice is 50w and 25w and on all bulbs and on only the rear bulbs !! I did this on my 911 and only did the rear and it worked fine , I'll be doing this on my 370 soon and will update this thread :thumbs:

it was 5 yrs ago I did it on my 350z :scare:

Edited by GIXXERUK

• 2 months later...

Bulbs could be towards the end off their life. Odds are that any bulb would look better off that's the case.

Being absolutely honest, buy them from eBay, but from a UK seller, look for bulbs around the £20-30 price range for a set. Halfords will try to charge you £75 for a single bulb and its a rip off.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone clarify the indicator fitment please (and confirm the others?)

Thanks thumbs.gif

Some useful info found online that should clear all the confusion (if anyone reading this was confused like I was).

Iv'e made bold and added info in brackets for the 350z specific stuff:

Bulb types T10-501/W5W (350z front sidelights, number plate, and boot light) and T15-194/W16W are genrally used for sidelights, but some vehicles also use this fitment for number plate and interior lights. Bulb types T20-7440/3156 (350z front & rear indicator, reverse and fog light) and T20-7443/3157 (350z Brake & Tail light, in a single bulb) are mainly used for brake, fog, indicator and reverse light functions.

The difference between 7440/W21W & 7443/W215W is that 7443/W215W is a dual filament bulb that allows two functions from one bulb, such as a sidelight and brake light in one bulb or an indicator and parking light in one bulb. 7440/W21W does not have this function.

Edited by DarmoZ

• 1 year later...

Some useful info found online that should clear all the confusion (if anyone reading this was confused like I was).

Iv'e made bold and added info in brackets for the 350z specific stuff:

Bulb types T10-501/W5W (350z front sidelights, number plate, and boot light) and T15-194/W16W are genrally used for sidelights, but some vehicles also use this fitment for number plate and interior lights. Bulb types T20-7440/3156 (350z front & rear indicator, reverse and fog light) and T20-7443/3157 (350z Brake & Tail light, in a single bulb) are mainly used for brake, fog, indicator and reverse light functions.

The difference between 7440/W21W & 7443/W215W is that 7443/W215W is a dual filament bulb that allows two functions from one bulb, such as a sidelight and brake light in one bulb or an indicator and parking light in one bulb. 7440/W21W does not have this function.

Edited by DarmoZ

• 5 months later...
On 26/01/2014 at 00:23, GMballistic said:

Just to add my two pence worth.

Rear "stop & tail" bulbs on the 2003 UK Nissan 350Z are T20 dual filament (also known as 7443 dual filament) and NOT 380 bulbs! ;)

Should have checked here first =( bought 380 off eBay and it doesn't fit my 04 UK zed. Bugger! 

19 hours ago, veeg33 said:

Should have checked here first =( bought 380 off eBay and it doesn't fit my 04 UK zed. Bugger! 

Arrhh gutted for you Veeg, :thumbdown: ...you should be able to send them back but then sometimes with return postage, hassle etc it's not worth it. 

I have also edited the Ops first post to make it clearer for people reading this thread as not everyone will scroll down to read it all and may end up missing the post I made about the "stop & tail" bulb type. ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GMballistic said:

Arrhh gutted for you Veeg, :thumbdown: ...you should be able to send them back but then sometimes with return postage, hassle etc it's not worth it. 

I have also edited the Ops first post to make it clearer for people reading this thread as not everyone will scroll down to read it all and may end up missing the post I made about the "stop & tail" bulb type. ;) 

It's only £2 for them 380 bulbs, and I've ripped then off the packaging before I check what's actually in the casing :scare: hence I can't return them anymore. I did some digging, I think T20 = 7443 = 580 are all the same type of bulb. As all the search I did on T20 and 7443 linked them to 580. I'm going to a local auto parts shop later to check and will report back.

I took my LED facelift rear lights out and replaced it with the old ones, one of them are not working as one of the filament is snapped.

7 hours ago, veeg33 said:

It's only £2 for them 380 bulbs, and I've ripped then off the packaging before I check what's actually in the casing :scare: hence I can't return them anymore. I did some digging, I think T20 = 7443 = 580 are all the same type of bulb. As all the search I did on T20 and 7443 linked them to 580. I'm going to a local auto parts shop later to check and will report back.

I took my LED facelift rear lights out and replaced it with the old ones, one of them are not working as one of the filament is snapped.

I guess it's not too bad then, ...I bought some LED's before which were £9 odd so a bit more high end and they were wrong. Luckily I was able to pass them on but I always remove the old bulbs first now to check what I'm looking for. 

Let us know how you get on won't you. :thumbs: