Beaten by a SEAT Leon!

taffyjason

I was travelling to get my alloys sorted in Norwich, had this annoying black SEAT Leon 20v, no other badges, but when i tried to get past on the dual carriageway, i couldnt get past him, i ended up bottling it at licence losing speeds, but really rattled me some crappy car like that put the Zed in its box...... i can only assume it was a super chipped 20v turbo.....:(

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given your previous substantial thread commenting on your disappointing dyno result, I'm not entirely sure why you'd be surprised. Kinda like 'I know my car is down on power, but why is it slow?'

Even a healthy DE engined Zed wouldn't have that much over a 20v turbo. :shrug:

DB

I was travelling to get my alloys sorted in Norwich, had this annoying black SEAT Leon 20v, no other badges, but when i tried to get past on the dual carriageway, i couldnt get past him, i ended up bottling it at licence losing speeds, but really rattled me some crappy car like that put the Zed in its box...... i can only assume it was a super chipped 20v turbo.....:(

Or maybe you don't know how to drive??? :lol:

Controversial! :clap:

Or maybe you don't know how to drive??? :lol:

Controversial! :clap:

you're probably right! life is always a learning experience!

the zed looks faster than it actually is. performance wise its on a par with most hot hatches just in better clothing.

between a zed and a hot hatch the zed looks a lot classier and has the edge.

but inevitably i sold my zed becuase it wasn't what i hoped for.

if you want to anihilate children in hot hatches by an SC

its a good car, just be aware of its limitations. every car has them.

it used to be alot more prevelant, but people in the past bought a zed and thought they'd got a ferrari, and where then mortified when someone with a trick type R kept up.

the zeds not invincible, but it does alot of things very well. and i'd rather turn up to a party or wedding in a zed than a focus or seat.

Its the desiels you have to watch out for, they can really surpise you when you are up and running.

Agree with what was said earlier, the zed does look alot faster than it really is but really love the looks and the attention it brings hence while I have had mine over 4 years now :thumbs:

The V.A.G. 1.8 turbo engines can quite easily be tweaked to give big power, and survive the subsequent abuse they get, so it could well have been a very fast car you were up against.

But it'll never sound or look as good, or, being front wheel drive with big power, be as be as nice to drive as a 350Z!

It's not all about straight line speed, in my opinion.

any FI car makes for easy tuning; its alot cheaper to get big gains just by tweaking boost or larger turbos or better IC's or a remap. the zed is by far a drivers car. most RWD are, its a rewarding drive. and you know its down to you when you clip that apex just right. and not just down to brute force.

its why i prefer to watch track racing to drag stripes. takes far more tallent to go fast round a corner than it does to go fast in a straight line.

go sign up for a CAT driver day, so much fun, nothing to hit and you learn so much more abou the car and how it handles.

CAT , sorry, showing my ignorance, what's that?

I agree with the racing, i personally feel the rally drivers have the most skills, i was in Greece when they had the WRC there, huuuuge drops either side off a cliff, doing speeds you wouldnt do on a motorway! huge respect

ahh gotya, i did a similar course with the police years ago, i had to drive a landrover and mondeo on a sort of trolley, its saved me a few times in treacherous conditions

That sounds like a skid pan. It's not really looking at car limits, more focused on bad weather. :)

You clearly tried it on in the wrong place, you need to get the Leon to a corner where it would have under steered off the road :p

Leon's are quick but Zed is far more fun and rewarding to drive. Not he quickest car in a straight line but quick point to point compared to a lot of other cars.