Dealership Praises and Woes NOW inc Independants

MITZ@CougarStore

P1 time...

Sunwin Derby are now run by Bristol Street Motors, and with that comes the Gateshead "bukitin" call centre on 08433 080751.

Over the backend of last week the Derby branch phonelines were severed by workmen, resulting in zero calls back.

I have been given no less than three prices from Bristol Street Motors for a P1:

• £149 for the Bristol Street Hi-Performance Car rate (subject to any additional manufacturer's requirements on top);
  • £135
  • £189.95 (less £52.80 if I supply my own oil) as of today 10th Dec 2012

Make of this what you will. If I could only speak with an actual service desk guys in the branch I would be a lot happier. Not like the old days of Co-op Sunwin. I don't like having my calls pushed up to Gateshead when I'm trying to contact the Derby branch. The first "Bukitin" call centre guy didn't even know what a 350z was :bang:"Our car service receptionists have expert knowledge and can offer advice on car servicing and repairs."

Edited by Saxtoo

Just to addmy two peneth -: (as only just found this section)

Lightcliffe- Halifax - Bad

Back end of last year took my 370 to Lightcliffe-Halifax and they didnt get all the parts in but still started the job, they said it would take max 2hrs and 3hrs later they came and told me that it was done but they did not have the filters so would I like to come back another day to have them fitted, needless to say they got a mouthful and I have never been back. (was listed on my invoice as 350, so geussing they got wong parts)

Also while I was waiting I tried to talk to the GTR sales man and he kept walking off and doing his best to ignore me, there loss as I am just about to buy a GTR.

Middlehurst Nissan - Good

The 370 had a fault on passenger door and would not open from inside so I decided to go to Middlehurst as they were going to be my next service stop.

I cant praise them enough as nothing has been to much trouble and all staff there that I have dealt with have been Very helpfull and was all sorted under warranty.

Good to read this. I live walking distance from the Lightcliffe garage and was thinking of taking my 350z in there in the new year, will be very wary of that now.

• 3 months later...

Pennie Car Services - Aberdeen

http://www.penniecarservices.com

Full Service:

All the filters changed, oils changed etc standard nissan service as per schedule.

Extra work included handbrake tightened, windscreen washer system flushed and investigated (low pressure) - turns out it was the return vault by the break reservoir.

Few extra bits and bobs.

Including MOT.

£450 all in. £50 labor p/h

Have used these guys before, excellent honest mechanics. Recommend to anyone in Aberdeen city centre.

• 4 weeks later...

Sturgess Leicester Feedback...

Just wanted to give some quick feedback on my recent experiences....

So i decided to treat my new Zed to a P3 service. Only done 26k but its on an 07 so i thought it was safer.

Called Sturgess Leicester as i live in Bingham and they are recommended on here.

The service from the first phone call was excellent - extremely helpful - dealt with a guy called AJ - i can highly recommend asking for him!

Answered all my questions patiently, e-mailed in detail about the agreed prices, work involved etc etc

They sorted me out some great 'member' rates for being a member on here that i thought were very competitive.

Work carried out was the standard P3 plus some wheel alignments, plus rear wiper + diff oil. Total was £344

I asked them to omit the air filters as mine are like new.

They also gave me a courtesy car for the day.

So all round excellent - would highly recommend!!

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a p3 service carried out at Atkin Motor Engineers in Malton, North Yorkshire - I'd highly recommend these guys to anyone!

I drove down from Newcastle after reading a few recommendations on here, and I'm very glad I did - all in £212, can't go wrong with that! The gent I spoke to was very helpful in explaining a few bits and bobs I needed doing, and they even cleaned my wheels properly when they had them off.

They also provided a complimentary courtesy car so my wife and I could go into York for the day whilst they had the car.

Overall, great service, nice, friendly and helpful people, and very competitively priced, highly recommended.

Adam

Edited by Neoncypher

• 2 months later...

Just had a P2 done @ reidline in Kintore near Aberdeen. Basically the guys from what used to be Clark Motorsport who are now trading with zmanalex. Free courtesy car & £55 labour per hour. Guys know their zed's amongst other jap cars. Would definitely use them again. Good facilities and great customer service :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Service done at Nissan Dealership in Pennywell Road, Bristol. Not overly cheap at around £350.00 for a basic service, but can't fault them for their professionalism and knowledge.

Also the GTR is available for a test spin at £5.

Dealers charge you to test drive a car you may want to buy these days?!? :scare:

• 3 weeks later...

Lightcliffe Nissan (BAD), back from holidays jump in 370z and it wont start, battery is flat. Phone Lightcliffe for advice to be told no technicians in today and I need to phone RAC. RAC came out and started car, checked battery and said it was knackered, car is 2 years old and has 5k on the clock, phoned Lightcliffe again and they said that they could not sort out a battery until Tuesday. After a heated discussion with 4 different people and them also speaking to the RAC man (who had a battery) they said I had to take the car to them and leave it, there technician would check it out on Monday. I took the car down to be greeted by the master technician and another technician, these same people who were not available earlier. I was given a VW UP as a courtesy car, only fumes in the tank, to say that I'm pis--d of is an understatement. The dealer principle and sales people all have decent cars plus they have 2 GTR's and 2 370z's (used) on the forecourt. Quick to take your money but absolutely no customer services, avoid at all cost.

Edited by cmp999

Service done at Nissan Dealership in Pennywell Road, Bristol. Not overly cheap at around £350.00 for a basic service, but can't fault them for their professionalism and knowledge.

Dealers charge you to test drive a car you may want to buy these days?!? :scare:

He'll I'd pay a 5er to take it for a blast!

I give them a tenner and take it twice... :thumbs:

I give them a tenner and take it twice... :thumbs:

Do it nice, or... Lol

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a P3 service at Atkin Motor Engineers in Malton (nr York) - VERY HAPPY :teeth:

It's a registered Nissan repairer so the guys know what they're doing, especially given Chris owns a 350z himself. The service was thorough and they took the time to walk me through the findings and offered some advice for a couple of things I need to address. I was also given a free courtesy car so took the wife to Whitby for the day :-) My car was returned cleaner than when it arrived and has been running nicely ever since.

It was a good price and included a discount for being a 350z-UK member. They also reduced their original quoted price as the air filter did not need replacing so- full marks for honesty too! :thumbs:

The guys are friendly and professional. I will definitely be going back - well worth the drive from Leeds.

• 7 months later...

Just started taking mine regularly to Gary Hughes @ Hughes Autos (Nissan Repair Centre NI):

http://www.garyhughesautos.com/

So far, I've had a health check, P2 service and front suspension arms fitted and VERY happy with Gary and his work.

Recommended if you're in the Belfast area, although it's a little out of the way for me. Would much rather take the car to a good independent than Charles Hurst though...

Just started taking mine regularly to Gary Hughes @ Hughes Autos (Nissan Repair Centre NI):

http://www.garyhughesautos.com/

So far, I've had a health check, P2 service and front suspension arms fitted and VERY happy with Gary and his work.

Recommended if you're in the Belfast area, although it's a little out of the way for me. Would much rather take the car to a good independent than Charles Hurst though...

Seen them a few months back. They're a bit away from me, but if I can trust them and the work is good, then I may use them. Prices seem good :thumbs:

• 2 years later...

Have to say...

Nissan Westway Aldershot were brilliant.

Amazing customer service, booking in was easy. Managed to get them down a little on price over the phone (never take the first price they give you)

P1 service for my 350z at £199 including 1 year RAC breakdown cover anywhere in Europe plus a full clean inside and out (although I didn't go for this as I'd just cleaned mine and I'm quite particular👀) Full breakdown list of the all the bits and pieces from the vehicle check with advisories etc.

Paid the price quoted, service was completed within 2 hours.

Will definitely be going back for my P2 next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...