Dealership Praises and Woes NOW inc Independants

MITZ@CougarStore

I had a terrible experience with Sunwin Nottingham and will never use again.

They couldn't diagnose a problem with the droplink which I told them how to replicate the problem. They then charged me for the repair, which they hadn't even done! I eventually got it repaired and refunded but lost all confidence in them.

• 11 months later...

Good

Sturgess Nissan, Leicester

Parks - Ayr

Lockwood and Greenwood in Ashton -u-Lyne

Nissan in dartford

Westover Nissan in Bournemouth

Platinum Nissan in Bath

Lythgoe's in Bolton

Middlehurst

Wakefield Nissan (Harratts)

Humphris of Oxford

Fish Bros, Swindon

Chorley Nissan (fairly good)

Bad

Arnold Clark, Liverpool

Benfield motors Portland Rd Newcastle upon Tyne

Sunwin Nottingham

Dan Perkins Slough

Park's Motor Group - Hamilton

Nissan Shepperton

OK, I've stickied this. Please keep to servicing experiences not sales. :thumbs:

Good

Parks - Ayr

Nissan in dartford

Platinum Nissan in Bath

Lythgoe's in Bolton

Middlehurst

Humphris of Oxford

Fish Bros, Swindon

Barton Townley Barrow in Furness. Very good price.

Bad

Arnold Clark, Liverpool

Sunwin Nottingham

Dan Perkins Slough

Nissan Shepperton

Nice one Digsy. :D

Brincars - Cannock. Service OK but not very good at getting details right. Once, arranged for the car to be collected for service, no show, said I was delivering. Just had P3, they rang to say my MOT was due & I said I asked for that to be done at same time. Car is never cleaned when returning. Only issue I had was locking nut socket missing when I had a tyre go, they said it would have been in 1 of the cubby holes - never was. Complained to the manager & he said its out of warranty. Had to buy new one with no offer of anything from the Manager.

Brincars - Cannock. Service OK but not very good at getting details right. Once, arranged for the car to be collected for service, no show, said I was delivering. Just had P3, they rang to say my MOT was due & I said I asked for that to be done at same time. Car is never cleaned when returning. Only issue I had was locking nut socket missing when I had a tyre go, they said it would have been in 1 of the cubby holes - never was. Complained to the manager & he said its out of warranty. Had to buy new one with no offer of anything from the Manager.

Why would you want some 18 yr old YTS boy to clean your car out back with a crappy sponge full of rocks scrape it across your car :scare:

I used to explicity state DO NOT CLEAN MY CAR, and used to go mad when it can back dripping wet :dry:

On this topic, West Way Nissan in Birmingham:

-Tried to leave me stereo-less when replacing my skipping bose :nono:

-Scratched my centre console when taking the bose out.

-scratched my RAYS by putting them face down on the floor

-Ripped the inner door card by leaving the seat belt extended and then slamming the door

-When replacing my bose they wrongly reconnected my heater cables, so after spending an hour in the managers office kicking off about all of the above I angrily jumped in my car and sped off. I immediately noticed that the heaters were set to full power and maximum heat with no way whatsoever of being able to turn them down or off!! So now I was fecking fuming AND roasting my tits off!!!! 30 seconds later I'm back at the desk ready to petrol bomb the whole place :rant::lol:

Good

Parks - Ayr

Nissan in dartford

Platinum Nissan in Bath

Lythgoe's in Bolton

Middlehurst

Humphris of Oxford

Fish Bros, Swindon

Holdcroft Nissan Hanley

Bad

Arnold Clark, Liverpool

Sunwin Nottingham

Dan Perkins Slough

Nissan Shepperton

Z had its first service (P1) the other week. Dealer comments as follows:

1. Evans Halshaw (Aberdeen): Didn't return several calls when trying to book it in. Eventually got through to what appeared to be a central service booking office in England. Informed me that they couldn't take car for a month. Said they'd call back when I asked them if this delay could affect my warranty. Didn't call back....at which point I gave up.

2. Mackie Motors (Arbroath): Polite; helpful; car booked in for the following week with promise it would be done first thing to let me get up the road; price quoted without being asked; dropped me in town centre and picked me up again by courtesy car; car washed and hoovered; invoice gone through in detail before I paid. Happy to use them again despite 100 mile-ish round trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a P1 this morning at Nissan Chorley, supplied my own oil total cost = £113 - beat that :D They were also very polite, very helpful - asked if I wanted a coffee and shown me how to use the Flavia coffee machine. The price came out cheper than the last P1 as well (£119).

One another note, Nissan Chester quote me £340 for a P1 - come on PLEASE do they really think we are that stupid!

I therefore drove to Chorley from Chester & back and it was still a damn sight cheaper.

Can't praise Chorley enough, quick service in and out in 1 1/2 hours and they cleaned the car. I will be phoning their GM to praise them I think....

Beavis can you upgrade Chorley in the list? I think they're better than fairly good tbh in my experience. Chester should go on the bad list for their prices...

Had a P1 this morning at Nissan Chorley, supplied my own oil total cost = £113 - beat that :D

One another note, Nissan Chester quote me £340 for a P1 - come on PLEASE do they really think we are that stupid!

I therefore drove to Chorley from Chester & back and it was still a damn sight cheaper.

Can't praise Chorley enough, quick service in and out in 1 1/2 hours and they cleaned the car. I will be phoning their GM to praise them I think....

Beavis can you upgrade Chorley in the list? I think they're better than fairly good tbh in my experience. Chester should go on the bad list for their prices...

Will do, will you be sending them some Thorntons chocs? ;):lol:

Though already in. ;)

Good

Parks - Ayr

Nissan in dartford

Platinum Nissan in Bath

Lythgoe's in Bolton

Middlehurst

Humphris of Oxford

Fish Bros, Swindon

Holdcroft Nissan Hanley(Very Good)

Chorley Nissan (Very Good)

Bad

Arnold Clark, Liverpool

Sunwin Nottingham

Dan Perkins Slough

Nissan Shepperton

Dan Perkins Slough:

I would like to give my view of Dan Perkins Slough. Although they are not highly rated on the forum as a whole, they have always been very good to me. In just over 6 months I have had 2 services and an MOT and all have gone without a hitch, they even gave me the MOT for free. Always been kind and courteous, and all commented on how they love the wheels and Varis lip B) They even swapped over my LED sidelights to normal ones for free when the MOT chap tried to fail the car for the LEDs being blue (when they were white!). Was expecting a dealer to charge for that given it takes (in their books) at least 1/2hr to do lol.

Can't say they are faultless as another forum member found out when he had problems with them, but to me they have been very good.

West Way Basingstoke

Well, where to start with this lot. There sales dept is terrible, but thats not what we are rating so I will try and stay unbiased. There service dept is quite good, although expesive. Wanted £300 to fit new disk and pads all round (me supplying disks and pads), and over £1200 for the lot with them supplying them. Service level however is good, with them calling frequently to let you know where they are and also dropping off the car when they are done which was nice.

I think I would put both in some sort of neutral category as Dan Perkins have been good to me, but not so to others, and Basingstoke, although technically sound, are expensive.

• Like 1

Chris i bought my car from West Way and have had problems. They have been good on the service side of things, but when i bought the car they were fairly pushy with things and I agreed to buy if a noise issue was fixed, they paid for a respray to part of the car suspected of causing it, which is great, but unfortunately it did not fix the problem, they are now refusing to carry out any further work, despite the agreement being to fix the noise not the paintwork. Really pi**ed about it, thought by purchasing through the dealer i would not have these issues - but i have, and they want to charge £300 to fix it. I will not be going back there. If you continue to use them i'd suggest you get everything agreed in writing as it doesnt look like their word can be trusted.:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Had a P1 this morning at Nissan Chorley, supplied my own oil total cost = £113 - beat that :D

Will do, will you be sending them some Thorntons chocs? ;):lol:

Though already in. ;)

Good

Parks - Ayr

Nissan in dartford

Platinum Nissan in Bath

Lythgoe's in Bolton

Middlehurst

Humphris of Oxford

Fish Bros, Swindon

Bad

Arnold Clark, Liverpool

Sunwin Nottingham

Dan Perkins Slough

Nissan Shepperton

Are there two dealerships in Chorley? :p

Chris i bought my car from West Way and have had problems. They have been good on the service side of things, but when i bought the car they were fairly pushy with things and I agreed to buy if a noise issue was fixed, they paid for a respray to part of the car suspected of causing it, which is great, but unfortunately it did not fix the problem, they are now refusing to carry out any further work, despite the agreement being to fix the noise not the paintwork. Really pi**ed about it, thought by purchasing through the dealer i would not have these issues - but i have, and they want to charge £300 to fix it. I will not be going back there. If you continue to use them i'd suggest you get everything agreed in writing as it doesnt look like their word can be trusted.:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Sorry to hear that mate. Maybe we need a Sales and Service table! Basingstoke would definately be bottom of the Sales, and somewhere in the middle for service. I had a few problems with mine, which caused no end of hassle. This was of course until I spoke to the dealership principal, who was a decent guy. Unfortunately hes now moved to Southampton and I dont know who they've left in charge. I suggest you contact the dealership principal (which I guess you already have) and then the group head office (I could never find the details!)

• 2 months later...
I will not be going back there. If you continue to use them i'd suggest you get everything agreed in writing as it doesnt look like their word can be trusted.:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I would agree with that! West Way Basingstoke used to be OK... I bought an Almera GTI there and servicing used to be cheap (£80-£160 with courtesy car).

Last year I took my 200SX there for an MOT and they correctly spotted my sticking front calipers, offering to "rebuild" them and fit new discs/pads for £350. Not too bad I thought as refurb calipers are £250 and Nissan discs/pads £200.

But when I took it in I watched the mechanic simply throw discs and pads on in 20 minutes. When challenged the service guy said they had "re-greased" as agreed, using the non-existent "grease port" :rant:

I should have challenged them more strongly but it was a Saturday and I needed the car. Also it was my word against his, I had no paperwork to prove they promised to "rebuild" them.

So if you have to use them, get everything in writing and ask to inspect the work and replaced parts.

This year it took them 5 weeks to get a set of seals so AutoGlass can replace my windscreen... and then they didn't order all the required parts so I'm still waiting.

I will not be going back there. If you continue to use them i'd suggest you get everything agreed in writing as it doesnt look like their word can be trusted.:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I would agree with that! West Way Basingstoke used to be OK... I bought an Almera GTI there and servicing used to be cheap (£80-£160 with courtesy car).

Last year I took my 200SX there for an MOT and they correctly spotted my sticking front calipers, offering to "rebuild" them and fit new discs/pads for £350. Not too bad I thought as refurb calipers are £250 and Nissan discs/pads £200.

But when I took it in I watched the mechanic simply throw discs and pads on in 20 minutes. When challenged the service guy said they had "re-greased" as agreed, using the non-existent "grease port" :rant:

I should have challenged them more strongly but it was a Saturday and I needed the car. Also it was my word against his, I had no paperwork to prove they promised to "rebuild" them.

So if you have to use them, get everything in writing and ask to inspect the work and replaced parts.

This year it took them 5 weeks to get a set of seals so AutoGlass can replace my windscreen... and then they didn't order all the required parts so I'm still waiting.

Very poor, get yerself in the introductions section mate :thumbs:

I agree with Chris on Dan Perkins in Slough. I've had 3 services with them and had no problems, they have been very courteous and their prices have been reasonable, after some negotiating :)

They seem to blow hot and cold. I had reasonable service from them until it went very sour (which is what Chris may have been alluding to). Maybe one of the Jekyll and Hyde dealers out there..

Good

Parks - Ayr

Nissan in dartford

Platinum Nissan in Bath

Lythgoe's in Bolton

Middlehurst

Humphris of Oxford

Fish Bros, Swindon

Barnard & Brough, Haywards Heath

Bad

Arnold Clark, Liverpool

Sunwin Nottingham

Dan Perkins Slough

Nissan Shepperton

Had a P3 completed at Dorchester Nissan today. They were professional from start to finish, very helpful, communicative and went out of their way to see if Nissan will give any 'good will' help towards a couple of issues without me asking.

All in all very happy with the service provided and would definitely recommend them. Chris on the service desk was great and the mechanic (Rich) that dealt with the car also seemed very good.

Good

Parks - Ayr

Nissan in dartford

Platinum Nissan in Bath

Lythgoe's in Bolton

Middlehurst

Humphris of Oxford

Fish Bros, Swindon

Dorchester Nissan (Very Good)

Bad

Arnold Clark, Liverpool

Sunwin Nottingham

Dan Perkins Slough

Nissan Shepperton

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lookers Chester - bad, crap experience today - when taking my car in for a fault to be looked at, they couldn't see me for 5 mins today, they wanted to rebook me for Wed 4th March. When asked if I could see a mechanic for 5 mins they said I would have to leave the car with them ALL DAY.

They were unprofessional & unconcerned, in these hard times they should be falling over backwards to help :rant:

Oh, and Holdcroft Nissan Chester are now a Fiat dealership :headhurt:

Good

Parks - Ayr

Nissan in dartford

Platinum Nissan in Bath

Lythgoe's in Bolton

Middlehurst

Humphris of Oxford

Fish Bros, Swindon

Dorchester Nissan (Very Good)

Bad

Arnold Clark, Liverpool

Sunwin Nottingham

Dan Perkins Slough

Nissan Shepperton

Lookers Nissan - Chester (new dealership)