Dealership Praises and Woes NOW inc Independants

MITZ@CougarStore

Ancaster South Croydon

Arnold Clark Nissan, Glasgow

Antelope Banbury

Barnard & Brough, Haywards Heath

Barton Townley Barrow in Furness. Very good price.

Chorley Nissan (Very Good) (ditto)

Crystals, Lincoln (very good)

Dorchester Nissan (Very Good)

Edgars, Rowrah in West Cumbria.

Fish Bros, Swindon

Harrats Nissan, Sheffield.

Holdcroft Nissan Hanley(Very Good)

Humphris of Oxford

KJM Nissan, Reading

L&G, Manchester

Lockwood and Greenwood, Ashton -u-Lyne (forum discount to)

Lythgoe's, Bolton

Marshalls of Cambridge

Martins, Winchester

Middlehurst

Nissan Dartford

Parks - Ayr

Platinum Nissan, Bath

Sturgess Nissan, Leicester

WLMG (West London Motor Group, formerly Dan Perkins), Slough

Wakefield Nissan (Harratts)

Westover Nissan, Bournemouth

Arnold Clark, Glasgow

Bad

Arnold Clark, Liverpool

Benfield Motors, Portland Rd Newcastle upon Tyne

Evans Halshaw Nissan, Mansfield

Evans Halshaw, Aberdeen

Evans Halshaw, Bedford

Glynn Hopkins Ipswich

Lookers Nissan, Chester (new dealership)

Nissan Shepperton

Park's Motor Group, Hamilton

Sunwin, Nottingham

Westway Aldershot

Westway Basingstoke

Nissan Dartford

westway Kidlington

Nissan piory park, Hull (cant get any worse!!!!)

Nissan dealer experiences, both good or bad, let us all know how well or bad you’ve been treated as a customer.

If this has been repeated then do feel free to delete, just thought that it would be a good idea to have a list of where to go and where to avoid.

I’ll start, Sturgess Nissan, Leicester, they’ve been very accommodating, the service that I’ve received from them has been faultless, I hope it continues to stay this way too.

thumbs.gif

• Like 1

Arnold Clark, Liverpool - never been a great fan but 3 weeks ago they tried to charge me for the 27k miles P1 when I'd bought a 2 year servicing package from them with the car. They were arguing that it only allowed for 2 services max but there was nothing in my literature to say that. Argued the toss with them and they backed down. I don't like people trying to rip me off (especially as I'm running 2 Nissans bought from them and have always had them do the servicing) so it'll be the last time they see any of my money. :thumbdown:

Lockwood and Greenwood in Ashton -u-Lyne are quite good, , well the best I found in the Manchester area, really, and I've gone to a few of them.

Cheapest too, which is a bonus.

Can also help you quite proactively with warranty issues

I have no complaints with Middlehurst and also get 15% discount on parts and service as I bought my Z from there

my experience with them has been quite poor , instead :dry:

they put THIRTY miles on my Z to diagnose a transmission whining, which they then said it was normal. NOT impressed.

This is shaping up nicely…

Good

Sturgess Nissan, Leicester

Parks - Ayr

Lockwood and Greenwood in Ashton -u-Lyne

Nissan in dartford

Westover Nissan in Bournemouth

Platinum Nissan in Bath

Lythgoe's in Bolton

Middlehurst

Bad

Arnold Clark, Liverpool

Benfield motors Portland Rd Newcastle upon Tyne

I think the OC tried something like this, but it seemed a little more complictated than it needed to be. This thread seems a little easier to run/manage etc.

So,

Chorley Nissan (Chorley)

Ok, fairly mediocre in fact. The service is generally ok, not that brilliant, but acceptable. I've had an ongoing issue with a faulty set of spare keys which they have yet to resolve, although in fairness they have been very accomodating.

In summary: Fairly good, but sometimes the attention to detail is lacking. 7/10 could try harder

Chorley Nissan (Preston)

I can only comment on the sales experience here, but it's very similar to their sister branch. Slightly above average, nothing special. Their handover process was neatly managed, although the chap botched up the switch machine, and so for the next 40 mins I was calling LloydsTSB to find out where exactly my switch transaction had ended up. (talk about a brown-trouser moment) 7/10 could try harder

:)

• Like 1

Guest prescience

Fish Bros, Swindon - Recommended :thumbs:

Dan Perkins, Slough :thumbdown: but think they've now merged with West London Nissan or something :wacko:

Bought mine from Lockwood & greenwood in Manchester - supremely helpful (Tony) and did the best deal on a lease I could find anywhere.

Just had first 9000 service at Humphris of Oxford who were very obliging and offered to collect from my home and return back for £15 - better than taxis and cheaper too.

When trying to buy a car from Dan Perkins in High Wycombe found them a nightmare to even get a test drive and rather "stuck up" attitude to negotiation - offered free delivery only, somewhat miserly when waving 30 odd grand in cash their direction. Also terrible to park anywhere close to them...

• 6 months later...

I have had a horrendous experience with Park's Motor Group based in Hamilton! Truly awful, to the extent that I have a brand new (!) 350z sitting downstairs that I've rejected. The story starts with a promised delivery of my shiny zed on Tuesday 4th September. Date comes and goes but they request insurance details so they can register it, promising it the following week. I arrange temporary insurance. Date comes and goes, now explaining the car as at the docks having Trackstar fitted. They request insurance again because they didn't have the car before my previous insurance ran out. I'm mad but have no choice and they agree to fit parking sensors for my inconvenience. I go on hols (which was why I was so keen to get it) and they arrange delivery for today. Delivery driver phones up last night asking if I could do him a favour and collect it from him (approx. 15 - 20 miles away). I agree although nervous it's at night. I immediately notice scuff marks on the front bumper. He then proceeds to take out some T-cut and try to rub it out!! Creating a nice set of swirlmarks in the process. I'm not happy. I write on the delivery note that I am not accepting until I see the car in daylight. It has been raining today but it has just eased off a little. I went out and took a look. It has clearly had a VERY bad respray done. So bad there is a clear stripe across the rear of the car where it has been masked and painted with the WRONG colour! I've told the finance company I'm rejecting it.

Wakefield Nissan (Harratts) - All good.

Had a bunch of warranty work done there: replacement wheels (with no fuss even after 30 months), replcement BOSE HU, rear axle and some other stuff I've forgotton. My GT4 has been in for some bodywork repair which was completed good as new. I use this dealer for my regular servicing too.

Mathew is very helpful on the service desk, and Dave in Sales if you need anything new.

I have no complaints with Middlehurst and also get 15% discount on parts and service as I bought my Z from there

middlehurst told me i needed rear axles at the cost of £270 each, I explaind the noise is from the front.Their reply we have had it on the ramps its from the rear.

The problem was the dust guards behind the front disc's catching the disc, Bent them back problem solved saving myself £540.