1 year on.... I need a Zed again!

Androo

Hi guys,

I previously had a 55 plate UK Azure, and loved it. But sadly things went wrong for me and i had to sell up (£7600 with 56k!) for a basement price, but went off to le France to live a new life.

Now managed to sort stuff out, and I just cant settle on anything less than a zed!

Tried to be sensible, and got a celica 190 vvtli thing - hated it.

Currently got a e46 330ci, love it - but its just not the zed. Love the cheap running costs, reliability etc, but i think as i was forced to get rid of the 350z really, im desperate for one back.

Im *ideally* after around an 04 plate, if possible UK spec with under 80k on the clock, for £6k after bartering.

If possible will exchange the BMW in - current worth is about £3000, but happy to p/x / swap for £2000-£2500 for the right zed.

Think thats possible?

Welcome back :thumbs:

Did you mean you have 6K to spend plus the trade in on your beemer, or 6K total?

You may struggle to find a good UK car for 6 grand inside your mileage limit. You'll easily get an import for that, but even though the values have tumbled recently the UK cars are still north of 6K for anything that isn't CAT D or been to the moon and back.

Best of luck.

DB

Did you mean you have 6K to spend plus the trade in on your beemer, or 6K total?

You may struggle to find a good UK car for 6 grand inside your mileage limit. You'll easily get an import for that, but even though the values have tumbled recently the UK cars are still north of 6K for anything that isn't CAT D or been to the moon and back.

Best of luck.

DB

Pretty close

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Best of luck.

DB

Pretty close

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Not a real GT spec, look at the steering wheel, and the interior looks in shocking nick. Sure you'll be able to find the odd rough UK car within budget, but I would have thought that at 6K looking for a good import will be a better bet.

DB

Thanks for the input guys!

I think there was a couple of problems, after coming straight from previous bigger engines cars –

1 was FWD, I didn’t appreciate how much I learnt to see the major advantages of RWD until near when I sold it -

The other was the pure lack of torque….. I’m personally not a fan of the uber high revvers. It was ok, but lacked that “aaaah†(that said yours looks superb!)

I would be looking 6k total after bartering if things need doing – I’ve noticed that prices vary so much – as per when I sold mine…. Last night a 55 plate UK GT with 80k went for £6010 on ebay – Finanace Repo, but spot on condition, FSH etc – just got out-bid.

Not so fussed if GT or not, but would prefer a UK spec if possible

Thanks for the input guys!

I think there was a couple of problems, after coming straight from previous bigger engines cars –

1 was FWD, I didn’t appreciate how much I learnt to see the major advantages of RWD until near when I sold it -

The other was the pure lack of torque….. I’m personally not a fan of the uber high revvers. It was ok, but lacked that “aaaah†(that said yours looks superb!)

I would be looking 6k total after bartering if things need doing – I’ve noticed that prices vary so much – as per when I sold mine…. Last night a 55 plate UK GT with 80k went for £6010 on ebay – Finanace Repo, but spot on condition, FSH etc – just got out-bid.

Not so fussed if GT or not, but would prefer a UK spec if possible

Yeah you did have the Rev the tits off the Celica to get anything out of it, i did quite enjoy the noise though!

No idea where you are based and the pictures are awful but this could be a bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-S ... 544wt_1185

^^^^^^^^ Import?!

Thought UK started at 53?

If it is then its had all of its bumpers changed to UK spec.

That is a base UK model with seats re-trimmed.

When a 5x plate car goes to a private plate and back, it always goes back onto a 0x plate.

^^^^^^^^ Import?!

Thought UK started at 53?

If it is then its had all of its bumpers changed to UK spec.

That is a base UK model with seats re-trimmed.

When a 5x plate car goes to a private plate and back, it always goes back onto a 0x plate.

Really?! My Celica went from 54 to private and back to 54. Never heard of this before :headhurt::wacko:

Really?! My Celica went from 54 to private and back to 54. Never heard of this before :headhurt::wacko:

I'm sure I've seen other cars on older 0x plates than they should be.

Maybe they go on when the car was built/imported, which may well have been before Sep 2003. Can't think of another reason other than it being an early pre-launch import by Nissan UK for development/marketing purposes.

Hi tprice, will do - I'll pop them to you in a second and have a look.

cheers guys - my previous one had to go in a hurry sadly, and 2 chaps drove from Lille in France over, and took her away. I literally almost cried - im not a sad-act, but ive never owned such an inspiring car! (and i put on the true dual exhaust which was amazing)

So this time its for keeps :teeth: