Falken 452's to be discontinued

oj121

Just having a chat with a man in the know regarding sourcing some 452s (read my other thread) and form the end of August the 452 is going to be next to extinct unless already stocked. Its going to be universally replaced by the 453.

Facts :

In contrast to the previous FK452, dry handling has been improved by 25 percent whilst handling on wet surfaces is enhanced by 30 percent, delivering useful gains in control for lane changes and higher speed cornering. A combination of tread pattern and compound changes has led to eight percent reduction over the FK452 in braking distance on wet surfaces. To break the water film and deflect the water more effectively than conventional tread patterns, Falken has implemented three central tread grooves and staggered sipes integrated into the first tread bar on the tyre shoulder. In line with its other new products such as the ZE914, Falken has increased the silica proportion. The strain characteristics of silica offer a larger contact area and better grip for the same tyre diameter, resulting in stronger interaction with the road surface.

I know this is about tyres but wanted everyone to see it in general as a lot of people run on 452's and if they are due replacing there is a choice to make.

Shock as manufacturer talks up it's new product :lol: Of course they're going to say they're a better tyre, until reviews/tests come out in the real world I won't be buying them, it's not the biggest investment but I don't fancy spending £300+ on @*!# rubber.

It's not like they're offering a discount for first few buyers, I can wait.

Shock as manufacturer talks up it's new product :lol: Of course they're going to say they're a better tyre, until reviews/tests come out in the real world I won't be buying them, it's not the biggest investment but I don't fancy spending £300+ on @*!# rubber.

It's not like they're offering a discount for first few buyers, I can wait.

i know what you mean, and looking at the toyo replacement for the T1R isn't going down brilliantly, i'm watching this one closely. got the 452's at the mo, but might swap to something else in 18 months 2 years time when these run out. had the 452s for 12 months already and 10,000 miles. i think they have at least another 15,000 or 20,000 left in them.

Cancel and send them back.

How long until the new ones are sold though. T1-r's,MPS2's and gsd3's where still available for a year and a bit later and the new ones where pretty hard to find at the time. I think tyre companies wanted rid of the older stuff first.

Cancel and send them back.

There already sitting in my living room :blush: , current Bridgstones are on the limit now so couldn't hang around for the 453's to come out anyway

Just get them fitted and enjoy the car :drive1