The Wasso South East Tour

coldel

Have never used a pressure washer with mine I have always hand washed (and hand polished), just a bit of hard work and willingness to look after my car :shrug: When I get the chance, Im out there with my buckets, wool mitt etc - and why not, it looks nice when its done :thumbs:

That mobi washer actually has no pressure to write home about.

It was great when the hose ban was on and one fill of the portable tank did the whole car.

However nice to see someone else shares my enthusiasm for DIY:)

:thumbs:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd drop in to say hello B)

Gonna hit the sack for the evening after the drive from Dorking to Dorset (Keysers), and have 4 cars to detail over the next 3 days, although Chris has somehow pushed another car my way, with some small corrections needed, so it looks as though I'm staying an extra day :yahoo:

Oh such is life when the sun shines.

Get this, I've burnt the top of my ears, I think it's got something to do with how hot it was in Richmond!!!! ;)

I'll be posting up some pictures soon enough, once I get a spare hour to download the million and one photos.

Also I just want to say during my travels I've enjoyed some cracking meals, and superb hospitality. Even Will offered for me to stay over whilst in Deepcut. Although I'm very annoyed with Will!! He took me for a drive down some cracking roads, pulled into a side street, jumped out and said "your go". Now although I'm not a massive fan of the 370, I still keep looking at them as a future potential and managed to pull myself away earlier when we were all at Steve's house.

So now Will is asking me to take Rosie for a spin, and that's why I'm annoyed with Will, because now I keep thinking back to the twisties and the package the 370 offers. I love the syncro rev thingy, I like it a lot, although it kinda takes away some of the fun of doing it yourself.

So Will, no more offers please, I'm still trying to finish the 350!!!

Anyway, Buster will be over tomorrow bright and early to detail his car, and hopefully there will be plenty of juice on tap with all this hot weather.

I also want to say thanks to those who have chosen to use Pristine Detailing..... your business is highly appreciated. :#1:

Have never used a pressure washer with mine I have always hand washed (and hand polished), just a bit of hard work and willingness to look after my car :shrug: When I get the chance, Im out there with my buckets, wool mitt etc - and why not, it looks nice when its done :thumbs:

That mobi washer actually has no pressure to write home about.

It was great when the hose ban was on and one fill of the portable tank did the whole car.

However nice to see someone else shares my enthusiasm for DIY:)

:thumbs:

For a month recently we were shacked up in my mates spare flat, two floors up, with no access to water, electricity or a lift...this is how my Zed looked after a hand wash...living in a flat is no excuse :thumbdown:

IMG_8740.jpg

IMG_8734.jpg

You are welcome any time Ian. :thumbs:

Keyser make sure he puts his sun barrier on today, he needs some looking after I'm afraid, he remembered at 6 last night that he hadn't put it on at all yesterday, no wonder he's burnt the tops of his ears :lol: Now, if he paid as much attention on "product" for him as he does Zeds he wouldn't have these blemish issues ;):boxing: How many sets of wheels are you cleaning for Bob today Ian? :stir::scare:

Just thought I'd drop in to say hello B)

Gonna hit the sack for the evening after the drive from Dorking to Dorset (Keysers), and have 4 cars to detail over the next 3 days, although Chris has somehow pushed another car my way, with some small corrections needed, so it looks as though I'm staying an extra day :yahoo:

Oh such is life when the sun shines.

Get this, I've burnt the top of my ears, I think it's got something to do with how hot it was in Richmond!!!! ;)

I'll be posting up some pictures soon enough, once I get a spare hour to download the million and one photos.

Also I just want to say during my travels I've enjoyed some cracking meals, and superb hospitality. Even Will offered for me to stay over whilst in Deepcut. Although I'm very annoyed with Will!! He took me for a drive down some cracking roads, pulled into a side street, jumped out and said "your go". Now although I'm not a massive fan of the 370, I still keep looking at them as a future potential and managed to pull myself away earlier when we were all at Steve's house.

So now Will is asking me to take Rosie for a spin, and that's why I'm annoyed with Will, because now I keep thinking back to the twisties and the package the 370 offers. I love the syncro rev thingy, I like it a lot, although it kinda takes away some of the fun of doing it yourself.

So Will, no more offers please, I'm still trying to finish the 350!!!

Anyway, Buster will be over tomorrow bright and early to detail his car, and hopefully there will be plenty of juice on tap with all this hot weather.

I also want to say thanks to those who have chosen to use Pristine Detailing..... your business is highly appreciated. :#1:

I don't think I've ever commented on one of these detailing threads before (think it's a bit... OTT), but I have to say, those zeds look brand spanking new. Problem is, when I take it to the friendly albanian chaps down the road for a wash a couple of weeks later, what do I tell them? "use fresh wabbit wool mitts please"?

I also live in a place with no access to a hose so I do indeed take my car to the friendly Albanians :boxing:. I think if you have a good one it's not too bad, my local Albanians have wool wash mitts and drying towels. A quick spray of quick detailer and it comes up like this.

IMG_0321.jpg

Granted I still make sure I do it myself when I can. But as long as you do a full detail on it every few months, keeping it looking good isn't too hard.

Now wait for me to be shouted at :stir:

well Ian s tour south continued today at the Zed Shed...

wassocarcleaningtour001.jpg

think he was aloud a lie in this morning but at the stroke of 9.30 it was go go go.

wassocarcleaningtour006.jpg

wassocarcleaningtour008.jpg

wassocarcleaningtour009.jpg

note Keyser bought quash to match the already pink Ian :lol:

wassocarcleaningtour014.jpg

and on he goes.

wassocarcleaningtour010.jpg

wassocarcleaningtour011.jpg

wassocarcleaningtour013.jpg

wassocarcleaningtour012.jpg

wassocarcleaningtour018.jpg

wassocarcleaningtour017.jpg

a big thanks to Ian for his efforts to day :thumbs:B) ...i am sure he ll be along at some point to post the pics of the finished job. :teeth::clap:

Funny you say that...... here are some pics of the finished Zeds from across the country so far. 4 down and 3 to go. (All full detailed pics will follow after the weekend within the Pristine Detailing thread)

COLDEL

IMG_7867.jpg

IMG_7869.jpg

IMG_7882.jpg

IMG_7887.jpg

STEVE 350Z

IMG_7937.jpg

IMG_7955.jpg

IMG_7952.jpg

IMG_7951.jpg

IMG_7941.jpg

GLRNET

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8019.jpg

IMG_8028.jpg

IMG_8016.jpg

IMG_7998.jpg

IMG_7988.jpg

BUSTER

IMG_8119.jpg

IMG_8148.jpg

IMG_8139.jpg

IMG_8137.jpg

IMG_8078.jpg

Looking forward to Ian getting to me in the not to distant future, on his extended tour of the southeast/midlands.

I do however fear for his sanity........ All that squash combined with excessive heat (that wont last), and then the pressure from the devoted owners and general hangers on (Will). Then he has to come and sort my poor girl out, and I know she starts in a poorer condition than most of you other guys :(

I can see he will do an excellent job though, and I realise where the hospitality levels have been set ;)

Paul

Going to give mine a second coat of wax today after I've done the petrol gauge float cleaning mod :) Ian, say hi to Dave P for me please, can't wait to see that Midnight Blue after it's been Wasso'd B):thumbs:

Been topping my Zed up this week with some quick detailer and it still looks stunning, ordered a little pot of Supernatural as well Ian to add that extra layer on top of what it has now :thumbs:

Nice one Col, you'll never regret that stuff.

Graham, Col has converted time to make that purchase :p (Although let me how it goes with your choice of secondary wax application)

Greddy-Matt today - just checking the forum before the onslaught of another day :)