What do i need for a engine flush?

se350z

Hi everyone im going to service my Z this weekend and i got most of the parts i need, however i dont know what to get for engine flush, as far as i know i need to get something to put into the engine and then run it for 5 mins, but the problem is i dont know what its called.. Any one know what they are called and which one is the best one? Thanks

Forte or Wynns amongs other people do them. Apparently diesel works too. I personally wouldnt bother as there is cons to flushing too. :thumbs:

Raa i never thought about the cons, i made a research and there are lot of cons such as engine damage, what i will do; drain the oil inside the engine get a normal crap oil, use it for a week and then drain it again and put the good oil..

Forte or Wynns amongs other people do them. Apparently diesel works too. I personally wouldnt bother as there is cons to flushing too. :thumbs:

Raa i never thought about the cons, i made a research and there are lot of cons such as engine damage, what i will do; drain the oil inside the engine get a normal crap oil, use it for a week and then drain it again and put the good oil..

Good idea mate, thats my idea of flushing too. :thumbs:

don't use engine flush its a real last resort option and even then its not a good idea. it tends to dislodge alot of crap yes...and then move it in to vital lines and filters etc clogging and starving the engine. best advice is not to mix oils i.e. when you top up as this can cause gunking. if you must flush the engine use a cheap mineral oil, run it for a week and then drain it, and possibly do the same again, then put your nice oil in.

would i bother with this; no

gone are the days of the old enginew where its really needed.

just change your oil often, and don't mix the stuff. if your uisng Gulf oil, stick to it, if your using castrol, stick to that etc for top ups.