Silly neighbour - paint damage..

Neilp

Hi all detailer peeps, lookin for a little bit of help.

My neighbour decided to paint his side of the fence yesterday and when I went out to my car today, the full front end is splashed with fence paint of the brown variety.

What would you recommend I use and what method to get this stuff off. It's on wings, bonnet, bumper and lights. He said he would pay somebody to do it but he is a decent fella and our local mp so dont really want to send him a big bill.

Cheers for the help chaps :thumbs:

Hi

Having had my car covered twice last week / this week (and I mean plastered) with spray paint at work as some builders were spraying steel girders over the road, I found the meg's claybar was the only thing that would shift it :thumbs: none of the lotions & potions touched it.

As said before he is a genuinely nice chap. He was coming round to paint our side for us when he realised my car was so close. His hearts in the right place and genuinely didn't mean it.

Cheers mate I have clay bar laying in my house. Will give it a go and see how I get on. :thumbs:

Anybody else have any ideas also?

Cheers

Super Resin Polish or Clay for starters, see how you get on.

If you haven't got any I've got a sample pot which will suffice if you want me to send it up?

I have auto glym srp Ian will that do?

Clay will take a lot of time, but it's always worth starting with the easiest option.

Ken has hit the nail on the head, and so it'll come off with some patience.

Lube up well and get to work :thumbs:

You never know the SRP may break through the paint, especially of its fresh. If not the clay will work just fine.

I have done the same myself before. Whoops :blush: but as its fence paint it works by soaking into the wood. It cannot do this on the paint so a good wash will get it off. The hardest place is the black plastic rubber bits around windows etc

Should just wash off Neil as the fence paint will be water based. :thumbs:

Cheers matey!

Cheers everybody!

I will give it a clean on Sunday as I'm working tomorrow up in the deen.

I hope it was water based. Feel bad for the neighbour. He was absolutely gutted.

If you can't remove it and are up in the deen i can direct you in the direction of someone who can more than likely shift it for you.

I'll be in the work van unfortunately but cheers for the offer matey :)