Evo 8 Brembos

midzt

I've read quite a lot about the idea of putting Evo brembos onto the Z and the general jist is to not to do it as it's too much hassle. But I just wanted to entertain the idea and want to know if I'm missing something with my logic, purely based on fitment and not performance. I'm pretty certain I wont go down this route but it;s bugging me. So here's my logic:

From what I have read the 350Z Brembos fit onto the S14 as a straight bolt on

Many people have put Evo Brembos onto their S14 using a custom bracket

So from this, can the Evo Brembos not fit onto the 350 by using the same custom bracket as the S14?

As I've said before, I'm not doubting all the hassle that would go with the conversion and if it's really worth the effort, but I just wanted to know what I'm missing in my logic as stated above....

Thanks!

midzt

I don't know the fitment details but in the above a + b is not equal to c. Simple example (not sure if details are 100% correct, but that's not the point):

1. Charger from iPhone 4 works with original iPhone

2. Charger from original iPod works with original iPhone

=> Charge from original iPod works with iPhone 4.

In all likelyhood, you probably can figure something out. Question is whether it is worth it.

Personally i think it would be pointless more than anything. I had an evo 8 fq300 before the zed and i feel that the brembos on the zed are alot better than the evos. Im not sure what pads ive got on the zed but the evo had expensive ferodo ds2500 pads and good discs and still didnt stop as well as the zed. The zed would look good with the red brembos tho

I don't know the fitment details but in the above a + b is not equal to c. Simple example (not sure if details are 100% correct, but that's not the point):

1. Charger from iPhone 4 works with original iPhone

2. Charger from original iPod works with original iPhone

=> Charge from original iPod works with iPhone 4.

In all likelyhood, you probably can figure something out. Question is whether it is worth it.

Yeah I understand your point, but in your example you can physically fit the charger into all the devices. It's just that Apple changed the pins or something... I guess I'm trying to understand what the equivalent for the Brembos is...

I can get the Evo calipers for free and can get a bracket fabricated from CNC free too. I also have three months off work coming up...so they are the things going for this. Just looking for the additional cons that i'm not currently not aware off... :)

Personally i think it would be pointless more than anything. I had an evo 8 fq300 before the zed and i feel that the brembos on the zed are alot better than the evos. Im not sure what pads ive got on the zed but the evo had expensive ferodo ds2500 pads and good discs and still didnt stop as well as the zed. The zed would look good with the red brembos tho

I currently have non Brembos so that'd why I'm looking at options but I will go down the OEM Brembos route if needed, will just take time to save up and I'm impatient lol

Sorry i was presuming you had the gt. in that case i think why not. They will be better than the nissan ones and it would save you a good bit of cash aswell because buying brembos wont be cheap. If its pretty straight forward and you can get a decent bracket made up id say go for it. Hopefully it wouldnt be too hard to do. Hopefully someone on here has already done it and can tell you if there are any issues with it. Best of luck if you decide to go ahead with it and post some pics up :teeth:

Front Brembo are 324mm

Front non Brembo are 296mm

So, fitting UK Brembo rotors and calipers will gain you better braking than the EVO calipers.

I've never doubted that fitting the Z Brembos would be better than the Evo, it's what I have read on many forums. However, as I mentioned in my original post the question was a purely fitment rather than performance one...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Following from what this tread is talking about, i found the follow on Ebay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200796901923? ... 918wt_1163

just wondered if anyone on here have tried it. as it mentions that the kit will allow an Evo 6-9 calipers to fit onto a 350z with 345mm discs.

I am in the process of changing discs and pads on my 350 GT4 and it might be a possible route to take, if not the dba 4000 with bell housing/DS2500 as my original option.

Thanks.

Wayne.