Carbon Fibre Door Sills

ironhide

Hi guys - anyone bought these? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-Goki-Carbon-Door-Sil-step-/370326791229?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563932643d#ht_2194wt_1163 from EPRacing before?

Just curious what the fitment is like, if they're good quality and whether they replace the OEM sills or cover them?

I've already got some aftermarket ones but broke one the other day *ooops* so need a replacement :D

I bought some carbon sill forms these guys for my FTO and they replaced the old ones but had to be stuck on with some heavy dutie double sided tape and not the usual clips. Not sure how the zed ones are fitted but they will probably have to be taped down like the fto ones, good quality product thou and looked great

Mine have the exact same clips as the OEM ones and fit perfectly :thumbs:

Few spiderwebs on them now but they are getting a bit long in the tooth to be fair....

Have you got a pic of them at all? Looking to sell? :D

I toy'd with the idea of wrapping them but i'm a bit bored of wrapping and fancy getting the real thing just for 'ponce factor' lol! Does look good though wrapped, my other problem is wrapping a broken sill will be a PITA!

• 4 weeks later...

I would be tempted to try wrapping my sills. How does DiNOC/Hexis stand up to feet being dragged across it (sometimes a muddy boot)?

I am wondering how the material stands up to dirt. Can it be wiped off or even lacquered?

The beauty of vinyl on a relatively small and simple part like the door sill is that you can just rip it off and re-do it if you really scuff it up, unlike real carbon which will scuff permanently. The jury is sort of out on the laquering thing, apparently some people have done it with no problems but all attempts I've seen have been disasterous.

DB