trouble selling the zed

synystermike

does anyone sell regularly on pistonheads. Ive tried autotrader but haven't had a single bit of interest even though it says the advert had 200 views a week.

I cant post it here because of the 100 post rule.

All i want to know is if pistonheads is better for private sales.

ink to said ad?

Any link would be removed due to the 100 post rule that the OP already mentioned.

PH is ok, but doesn't get a wide range of sales. It's mainly PetrolHeads that use it.

If you are in a hurry to sell, then Part-ex may be the way forward even if you have to take a hit.

Also try and include a bit of decent narrative about the car beyond the usual paragraph of acronyms and 'well-cared-for mint example' etc.

People like to buy from nice people, especially when buying private, so come across as a nice person in your ad and you're only helping yourself. I know it's not exactly the same, but I've sold three cars on autotrader (admittedly more mainstream cars) and all three went inside two days for the asking price. It could well just have been luck, but I'm putting it down to the fact I spent some time getting decent photos and writing a good ad and getting some people to read through it.

Best of luck :thumbs:

DB

When i advertised my car on PH about 18 months ago you could pay a small fee for an add or have a free one which doesn';t appear till after the buyer has scrolled through all the paid ones. still if its up there it's better than nowt.

I would wax the car and borrow a decent camera. Shiny pics always get much more views than dull ones.