Z's Uber Clean But Now What Do I Use?

Greddy-Matt

So I thought I'd treat the Z to a proper clean, she got a wash and a proper going over with the clay bar and now looks uber clean, but can any one recommend a sealer and wax please as all of the Autoglym (super resin polish) and Meqs stuff (the three step stuff) I've used doesn't really improve the gloss or make the paint look any better than it does when clean, any suggestions on what to use I'd really like something that gives a bit of depth and more colourfull reflection if possible? This is how it looks after cleaning:

Clean1.jpg

clean2.jpg

clean4.jpg

clean3.jpg

clean6.jpg

clean5.jpg

clean7.jpg

Cheers

Matt

Depends on how far you want to go (it's 95% prep, 5% wax imho)

First thing is to get some halogens or a swirl spotter torch, if you see swirls or scratches(which you will) you'll need to polish, using either or rotary or dual action polisher.

Once you've sorted that, you can try just a good quality wax like dodo juice supernatural on top tbh.

Or if you just want to be lazy, maybe just dodo juice lime prime, then dodo juice supernatural, or more cheaply maybe victoria wax/similar.

Polishing will take a looong time :lol:

poorboys diamond white is a good glaze for silver cars

megs ultimate compound is a good polish with a DA

dodo super natural is a good wax

and i use dodo red mist as a sealer just because i have it. others could reccomend a better sealer

so... I'm going to have to invest in a DA then by the sounds of it, sounds expensive :surrender:

I've used swirl x over the whole car so paint is pretty swirl free :D

I've got to get some poor boys blak hole for the wifes car so could always try the Diamond White at the same time :thumbs:

Heard good things about the Dodo Super Natural too, is it easy to apply by hand?

DDJ Supernatural is a fantastic wax. Lasts forever, very durable, seals for 3-6 months on the basis you follow the two coat process.

I'm yet to find a better wax.

Don yourself a meguiars applicator, wipe in the wax pot and apply. Do the entire car, leave for 15mins and remove with microfiber.

Great to touch, nice to smell and the car loves it too.

I use the supernatural in my top of the range detailing package. Always returns good comments and like I say lasts for ages. Two years I've had my pot and only just half way through, which so far must be 70 applications.

I hate to say it, but this is the downside to owning a silver car. It's very easy to keep looking clean, but you'll never be able to get a really deep gloss look to the paint as the colour just blends it all away. I wouldn't bother spending any big money on it, as you'll never achieve the look you're after that you could get on a black or a red.

. Two years I've had my pit and only just half way through, which so far must be 70 applications.

:lol: what pit is that then

Darn bleeding iPhone, it's so easy to slip to another character.

DDJ Supernatural is a fantastic wax. Lasts forever, very durable, seals for 3-6 months on the basis you follow the two coat process.

Don yourself a meguiars applicator, wipe in the wax pot and apply. Do the entire car, leave for 15mins and remove with microfiber.

I use the supernatural in my top of the range detailing package. Always returns good comments and like I say lasts for ages. Two years I've had my pot and only just half way through, which so far must be 70 applications.

Do you ever drive your zed? :lol: Doubt that any wax will last 3-6 months, especially without topping up.

Some of the clever stuff like gtechniq will probably last that long though maybe.

Or once you have dealt with the swirl marks, use a paint sealer polish such as Zaino Z2 Pro instead of wax. It can give between 3 and 6 months protection.

It gives a bit longer protection than most waxes, I still have yet to see anything like that long from z2 though.

Do you ever drive your zed? :lol: Doubt that any wax will last 3-6 months, especially without topping up.

Some of the clever stuff like gtechniq will probably last that long though maybe.

I drive her daily.... Seriously DDJ SN is fantastic. How it works so well I don't know, but you will and must apply the two coats as directed by DDJ to get that long lasting protection.

but you will and must apply the two coats as directed by DDJ to get that long lasting protection.

I find this interesting as Meguairs Head office said that you can't double layer a wax on a car. lots of people do it but its actually a waste of wax.

wax works on the principal that it fills in the pours of the paint work, and the excess is rubbed off. once the pours are filled you can't put any more in them, so any extra layers are just being buffed straight off. :shrug:

I sometimes wonder if manufactures tell people to use 2 layers so they get through the pot quicker and come buy some more. :shrug:

DDJ applies such a thin coating that it's necessary to apply two coats.

I've tested with one coat and two, the two coat process lasts as directed from the manufacturer. One coat lasts about one month.

No misconception on this one, DDJ SN really does need two coats.

Edit - the second application must be 24hrs after the first application.

I find this interesting as Meguairs Head office said that you can't double layer a wax on a car. lots of people do it but its actually a waste of wax.

wax works on the principal that it fills in the pours of the paint work, and the excess is rubbed off. once the pours are filled you can't put any more in them, so any extra layers are just being buffed straight off. :shrug:

I sometimes wonder if manufactures tell people to use 2 layers so they get through the pot quicker and come buy some more. :shrug:

I think the idea is the second coat fills in bits which haven't been sealed by the first layer, but also if wax is left to dry and another coat applied, I don't see why it can't layer?

Sealants though are an entirely different matter.