Bye bye zed.

rabbitstew

Its about 6 months old with 2000 miles on it, and as such was about 9 grand less than the new retail price. So I have avoided the mega initial 1st year depreciation. Looking on autotrader and at bmw approved used cars, even with my yearly mileage I should be looking at a £2k a year depreciation, which for me is very acceptable. Thats based upon what 2nd cars are fetching atm. The 123d coupe is a very desirable car, and as such should hold its value reasonably well. Of course, things change all the time and who knows what price cars will be in 3 or 4 years time.

We bought a delivery mileage limited edition 2.0 Z4 in 2008, pre registered by the dealer. We paid £18.9k (a saving of 6k) and P/X'd it for £14.2k in 2010, with 7.3k on the clock. Loss not that far away from the 2k depreciation you're talking about.

Pete

My Zed is going this Friday however, I will be hanging around too, some nice people on here :)

Well, after much deliberation I have finally sold my beloved 313 350z roadster.

It was a combination of the running costs and the crappy weather we are having that made me realise that I wasnt able to enjoy the car as much as i wanted. If it was just a weekend car id probably have kept it, but I was using it every day for work. Having bought the car outright for cash 14 months ago, it was still costing me around £850->£900 a month just in running costs. On top of that the depreciation was starting to get silly with big engined cars dropping in value like lead.

I have to say it was one of the most fun cars ive ever owned, and the performance really was fantastic. With the roof down and the K1 screaming out under 2nd gear acceleration, it really was awesome. I shall really miss it.

What have I replaced it with? Well, a new BMW 123d Coupe M-Sport. Very nice spec with a list of options, coming in at a price which I could easily pick up a number of mad fun weekend cars for, porsches, evo`s, you name it. But, I need something which is going to be cheaper for me to run over the 5 years or so I plan to keep this one for, especially with the kind of mileage I do.

As for my 350z, I part ex`d it at a local main dealer rather than have the hassle of selling it privately. They had no idea what it was, and unfortunately glass`s guide doesnt list the 313 model at all. So the price they gave me was just the basic price for the older model. They didnt add anything for the mega long list of optional extras my car had, or the lower then average mileage. So I lost 40% on what the car cost me to buy over around 14months.

They subsequently shipped it off to a private car dealer. Because its quite a rare car and a high spec, I soon spotted it appearing on Autotrader, at a dealer in Oxfordshire, it will be interesting to see how quickly they sell it and whether the new owner ends up on here!

Whoever does buy it though should have many miles of cheap motoring, as id just MOT`d it, had new tyres, new brake pads, new drive belt. The roof and leather had just been retreated which should last 6 months and the only thing it would need is its P2 service in around 2000 miles time.

I`ll still be around on here as this is one of the friendliest forums ive been on. :)

:thumbdown: i like this car wish you would have let us know you were p/x'ing

going to have a look around it today, won't be buying at 11,500 though as i've seen much better deals out there. jamie moy's car is always in the back of my mind saying buy me

edit it's further than I thought just for a look around so not going to bother. I have another couple to look at then I will see what the garages best price is

:thumbdown: i like this car wish you would have let us know you were p/x'ing

going to have a look around it today, won't be buying at 11,500 though as i've seen much better deals out there. jamie moy's car is always in the back of my mind saying buy me

edit it's further than I thought just for a look around so not going to bother. I have another couple to look at then I will see what the garages best price is

Id definitely seriously consider Jamies car, you wont get a better minter for that sort of money. The prices on the roadsters vary like mad. I had a look before I part ex`d and there were only 6 313 models for sale nationwide. There was only 1 with sat nav and the alezan orange interior and it was 14grand for the same year as mine. Others came in between 12k and 15k depending upon mileage. So, it looks like this dealer priced my old one up for £11.5k to get a quick sale based up on the price he paid for the car. He`s not factoring in the £8k of extras the original buyer added to the car when he bought it which should make it worth slightly more than the average car.

Since I sold mine however, ive seen one 313 up for £9500 and another for £9000 which seems mega cheap. Albeit both are lower specs and higher mileage.

• 3 weeks later...

As an update to this, ive now noticed my old roadster is for sale at a Honda dealer in Soham (near Ely). Looks like the garage in Oxford must have shipped it on after not selling it over the last 4 weeks. The price has also now dropped by a grand, so looking on the net its very cheap compared to some lower spec older cars ive seen.

Im guessing the crappy weather and fuel prices isnt helping sales.

Its sad seeing the car being past onto another dealer. Makes me wonder how its been treated since it left my hands. Probably had car sales people thrashing it, probably filling it up with normal unleaded rather than super. :(