Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wizard

New 350z Spoiler

24 posts in this topic

They are for sale now actually. Sorry i just saw this topic.

Basically what we did was adapted a skyline R35 spoiler to the Z using 3D air flow simulations.

Then have it made in carbon fibre.

I'll upload some pics on the weekday and post more info later on.

Ray

So the task given to us was to take a Skyline R35 Espirit spoiler and adapt it to the 350Z.

gtrblog-esprit-wing-101.jpg

The problem we faced was the obvious difference in fitments with the stands.

Then there was the task to dictate the size and positioning of the spoiler which is most suited to the 350Z.

For that we turned to our friend at CW Racing again who had previously worked with us with the aerodynamic under tray.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/51319-race-front-splitter-byt-rt-p-and-cw-racing/

A 3D model was made of the 350Z and simulations where made based on a few variables such as height from boot lid and positioning over the boot lid.

3z.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1z.jpg

1.jpg

CJ.    1
They are for sale now actually. Sorry i just saw this topic.

Basically what we did was adapted a skyline R35 spoiler to the Z using 3D air flow simulations.

Then have it made in carbon fibre.

I'll upload some pics on the weekday and post more info later on.

Ray

Sounds good! Like the look of the 35 spoiler, and could see it working well for the zed. Pics of the final product will be the test though :D

Im getting there fellas. :)

So this was what we had to to the spoiler.

Reduce the length of the spoiler with out changing the form of the wing.

Make new legs and feet based on the trunk shape of the 350Z

Angle of the wing must stand as close to 0deg for minimal drag when set to low

DSC03793.jpg

DSC03799.jpg

DSC03806.jpg

DSC03801.jpg

Then the actual product made in carbon fibre and fitted

DSC07359.jpg

DSC07357.jpg

DSC07356.jpg

DSC07360.jpg

DSC07414.jpg

DSC07406.jpg

Hope you like it

Ray

Jay    298

I think that looks fricking brilliant, I know it wont be to everyones taste, but I like it. Shame you havnt done one for a 370z

StevoD    3,425

looks really smart on the R35 just looks a bit to thin on the 350z to be a big GT styled wing Could be the bulky sqaureness of the r35 , Might be the rear view pic but it just looks like its just wide enough to cover the boot not the car

LRF4N    948

It's hard to tell how it looks, need to see it from a distance to see how it looks in proportion to the whole car, if you know what I mean. Not easy getting a photo like that within a garage though

kite 350    9

Its about the same width as the car the only bits you see is from the wing mirrors you cant see the wing through the rear view mirror which is very good as you loose no vis , i know its not to everyones taste but its an idea i had and with the help of Taras we managed to do it and i love carbon

I love it but my z is highly modified so i think it goes quite well

Its about the same width as the car the only bits you see is from the wing mirrors you cant see the wing through the rear view mirror which is very good as you loose no vis , i know its not to everyones taste but its an idea i had and with the help of Taras we managed to do it and i love carbon

I love it but my z is highly modified so i think it goes quite well

It goes perfectly well with your car especially when you have the carbon front this completes the set.

For those who are interested in this, they're for sale at £450 and we can also help install it at our work shop.

Parts are listed here

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/65373-products-for-350z-by-rt-performance/

RS8055    214

Looks awesome... shame it's ever so slightly out of my current price bracket.....

zebedy    331

My cup of tea to a tee. Shame I got a Roadster. Loving the ANSYS finite stress analysis software too. My bag that.

ps sent to you message regards to a front bumper.

Zeb