Cambelt change price and spark plugs?

Leosille

Nothing for cambelt as it doesn't have one.

Spark plugs vary depending on year of car. Nissan way too expensive. Traders on here approx 60-100 quid plus 2hrs labour approx at a local garage.

I would also recommend that you put up an intro in the intro section and let people know a bit about you, your car(a pic maybe) and a rough location.

People will be able to welcome you and help you with more accurate advice about where to go and where to buy from etc

I would also recommend that you put up an intro in the intro section and let people know a bit about you, your car(a pic maybe) and a rough location.

People will be able to welcome you and help you with more accurate advice about where to go and where to buy from etc

I preferred old Neil. This one has gone all soft. :p

Hahahahahaha I'm in a pretty good mood this weekend :teeth: it may change next week though :headhurt::lol:

Don't beat yourself up, I asked my local Nissan dealer once for a price on a cambelt change on a 350 and they came back with a quote :scare:

I was only testing them out as I needed a service, obviously I didn't go there :lol:

I miss the old Neil too :byebye: this one is all friendly and nice :thumbsdown:

I got 6 plugs for around £60, local Nissan quoted £30 each! :scare:

They also quoted 2 hours labour, so i was looking at around £300 all in. :thumbdown:

Main staeler by name, mani stealer by nature!!

Opted to do it myself, a little fiddly, but for my first attempt sucess in under 2 hours!

Hahahahahaha I'm in a pretty good mood this weekend :teeth: it may change next week though :headhurt::lol:

I reckon one of the mods must have neils some where in a jar like this

3463246929_31b92a6297_z.jpg?zz=1

and they move it around so he doesn;pt know who's got them, bit like davey jones and his heart :lol:

Think I preferred the original version too, at least you knew where you stood, now I feel like we are all being lulled into a false sense of security :ninja::nono:;)

Yeah there's definately something wrong with my wee ginga ninja :lol:

It has a timing chain.

Oil filter, decent oil, air filter, sparkplugs.

Not necessary but I would do, gearbox oil and molyslip additive, diff fluid

Zmanalex supplies genuine Nissan stuff. Not recommended to use aftermarket stuff as it doesnt go well in ye zed.

Thanks foor the heads up Neil :thumbs:

Leosille, the 350Z VQ35DE Engine has a maintenance free drive chain.

The only belts are these ones, which are on the front of the engine:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=31548

As Neil has mentioned, I carry in stock all the proper service items and lots more. :thumbs:

Have a look in here:

viewforum.php?f=157

All in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Just drop me a PM if I can help you further or if you have any further questions :thumbs:

Alex :)

• 7 months later...

Live! Live again! Arise, my beauty!

So does the chain NEVER need replacing, like ever?

I ask, because I made a rather spiffing crank locking tool for my Supra, so may sell it to a supra owner hopefully, unless it might be needed and modified for the Z?

I used to believe that the chains were good for high mileage, however in the past couple of weeks I have heard of 2 examples where the chains were stretched and had to be replaced. One was so stretched that one of the hydraulic tensioners was at the extent of its travel and looked like it was ready to drop out. The motor was noisy and the timing was fluctuating causing all sorts of intermittent issues.

I believe that Nissan have improved the tensioner/slipper guides and the old style have now been superseded.

However I still believe that with the chains, you do not have a problem until you have a problem.

Alex. :)

Strange seeing this thread.

I had a txt from a Nissan dealer a couple of weeks ago (I don't usethem) telling me my belt needs changing. :bangin:

Think that's a bit much for a less than two year old car with low mileage.

My advice is to get the belts from zmanalex then you know youve got good belts and a good price and change them yourself as its such a simple job and takes under an hour allowing time to jack up and remove underguards etc..in any case you'll have to check tighten/adjust them after a 100 or so miles so might as well save yourself....