Zed Super-Trip Facts and Figures

Shinjuku

Just back from a holiday with the Zed, so thought I'd share some details.

Zed Miles - 2436 :drive1

Laps of Nurburgring Nordschleife Zedded - 4 (One with the roof down :D ) :#1:

Milliliters of Oil Eaten by Zed - c.100 :snack:

Countries Which Experienced the Power of the Zed - 5 :teeth:

Maximum Zed Speed - 148mph (Autobahn Dry) 130 mph (Autobahn Wet - Too much wiper-lift to go faster) :ban:

Number of other Zed's Spotted - 1 (An "instruction car" at The Ring, other than that not a single one.)

Zed Faults - 1 (Started car as I came off Ferry on the way home and the airbag light came on. 3G connection to forum revealed the "4-turn reset" trick and resolved it at the roadside. :thumbdown: )

MPG - 28.1 (Trip Computer) :yawn:

Average Speed - 47 MPH (Trip Computer) :yawn:

Roof Down - Oh Yes, B) but it did rain quite a bit too...

Gratuitous Zed Pic of Me Lapping At the Nurburgring Below

NurburgringClearRegWeb.jpg

I got devastated by most of the locals including one dude in a knackered looking E30 318i. However, I managed to catch a Swiss guy driving a 911 GT[something] and had just doled out a proper spanking to the chap in the RentForRing Mini in the pic :boxing::yahoo:

I know I could not have got the car mechanically up to scratch without the knowledge I've gained from this forum and the help I've been given from those on it, so thanks guys.

Shinjuku

I got devastated by most of the locals including one dude in a knackered looking E30 318i.

A couple of cars ago I had an E30 3-series.

I'd fitted and turbocharged an E34 535I engine, and I put a '316' badge on the boot, so you just never know what's under the bonnet! :D

Cool interesting facts.

The local Beemer you mention, it wasn't stripped out with roll cage was it?

If so its probably the one I saw last year. It looks a wreck but made for all out speed, and probably doesn't care if he bins it :lol:

Cool interesting facts.

If so its probably the one I saw last year. It looks a wreck but made for all out speed, and probably doesn't care if he bins it :lol:

Cool interesting facts.

Cool interesting facts.

an MPG of 28.1 seems very reasonable given you did autobahning and laps of the ring in that!

Yep, I was pretty pleased. It still felt like I needed my own refinery though - I seemed to be dropping €90 in there pretty frequently...

Cool interesting facts.

Dark red colour. Don't specifically remember a roll cage, but looked like it had been prepared for track - I would certainly have wanted one in that thing anyway.

To be fair its a massive course and it would take a long time to learn it (but the process of doing so would be amazingly satisfying). As most of the bends are blind you really need to know what is on the other side of them - even when you get someone in front of you it takes a certain level of faith/stones to plough over the crest at 80mph + when you don't know where its going. The speed gap between the Grockles and the Locals is significant, but its all about knowing the course - and as you say being willing to stack your car - its not a forgiving track...

What really impressed me was how frugal the Zed was with the oil.

I checked the stick before and after the ring and most of the 100 ml was consumed during that time. So, pretty much none was consumed during the other 2400 miles. Coming from a turbo car that slurped 1000 ml every 600 - 700 miles of normal road driving I find that amazing. Japanese quality for you though I suppose....