Removal of Motordyne Plenum Spacer

captain

I'm putting my car back to stock so want to remove and sell the spacer.

However, when my garage fitted it, it was new and came in a kit with loads of bolts, gasket etc.

When I picked the car up, they didn't give me any of the old bolts, gasket etc.

Am I being stupid here :wacko: but surely when they remove the spacer, they'll need the shorter bolts and old gasket which I don't have.

Am I right?

yep there is quite a difference in length. There should be nylon washer/spacers for the center bolts also :thumbs:

EDIT sorry just reread there and now realise you're in need of the old bolts. I may have mines kicking around my garage.

I'll have a look for you. The gasket was left on in my car with the spacer so wont have that spare :thumbs:

yep there is quite a difference in length. There should be nylon washer/spacers for the center bolts also :thumbs:

mmmmmmm........he's a good mechanic with something I don't possess. A memory. I bet he's got all the original stuff tucked away somewhere for me.

Why is there a 2nd gasket in the spacer kit? Is this because the original one is still under the spacer and the kit one is above it, below the engine cover?

EDIT sorry just reread there and now realise you're in need of the old bolts. I may have mines kicking around my garage.

I'll have a look for you. The gasket was left on in my car with the spacer so wont have that spare :thumbs:

Very kind. I'll see what turns up tomorrow at the garage. :thumbs:

mmmmmmm........he's a good mechanic with something I don't possess. A memory. I bet he's got all the original stuff tucked away somewhere for me.

Why is there a 2nd gasket in the spacer kit? Is this because the original one is still under the spacer and the kit one is above it, below the engine cover?

Second gasket is smaller and is the lower plenum one. Not everybody fits these on, but i did mine myself :thumbs: