Rolling Road Day?

Clown

I know we all pretty much have the same car but who would be interested in a Rolling Road Dyno Day? I'm thinking either I could arrange one locally at Eurospec in Guildford or something and hope the local lads turn up, or maybe go more central to the country and arrange one at my mate's place at Powerstation in Shrewsbury.

Need to gauge interest first though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A whole bunch of us went to Eurospec a couple years ago. It was good banter, we had pizzas, but because they were all being sociable, it took a whole day to dyno about 30 cars! Saying that, cars seemed to jump places so we had RWD FWD AWD cars all getting jumbled up with different wheel bases.

A lot of those guys were also unhappy that their numbers were low - fans were being blown at the car without the bonnet up - but I'm not clever enough to understand all of this.

On the flip side, lots of people are happy with Eurospec and I haven't been to their new place yet. The only reason I threw Shrewsbury in there was in case we could have some sort of mega meet to catch more people around the country?

My 350z made 240HP@wheels (~280HP@fly according to their fudging), that was with the bonnet down, so I assumed that was a realistic number. A lot of the Evo (MLR) boys I was there with were disapointed, but I think thats just because they fit all their bolt ons and expect silly numbers. I was happy to hit stock numbers (give or take) and was running a pop charger at the time which will have sapped a small amount of power. Intake temps were higher than on the road (read live via CarPC), but not a huge amount from what I remember.

Another place we've been before are Surrey Rolling Road. The numbers there seemed a bit hit and miss compared to what people expected. I didnt run my car there as the setup of where it is limited the amount of cars that could be run.

Eurospec was very good for a socialble atmosphere.

I guess I could also give Mark at Abbey a ring to see if it is something that they could accommodate, if we got some interest.

1. Clown

2. Chris 'I (Eurospec only)

3. The Bounty Bar Kid

4. 4RE Leather

5. John tarantula (AFR printout)

6. ??

The only people who are not welcome are people with FWD 350z :p

1. Clown

3. The Bounty Bar Kid

4. 4RE Leather

6. Greddy-Matt

I guess it would have to be a Saturday. I'll go through my calendar and propose some dates when I have a minute :p

It would be fun for people to come even if they aren't running. What we usually do is watch everyone run and then off to the pub for some food and more standing around in car parks!

I would be willing to do a Saturday dyno day.

Will need some carefully planing thou , as we seem to have a yard full of cars at the moment, I will need to get the go ahead with the landlords to make sure I can run the dyno for a full day on a Saturday.

Will be good to run all the Zeds on a hub dyno runs can be with bonnet up or down , AFR and boost curves's can be supplied as well.

Keep the list going and we will see when we can organise a day for you guys n girls

I'm in, date depending, would prefer abbey's hub dyno

Quite fancied getting mine on a roller dyno to get some nice high numbers :stir::lol:

As my wheels way the same as the moon, I'll steer clear of the roller dyno's :teeth:

1. Clown [first dyno, standard 350Z HR with blowing exhaust :)]

3. The Bounty Bar Kid

4. 4RE Leather

6. Greddy-Matt

7. Bry

8. Will370z

Just for your information, as Mark said above, he is looking into arranging a dyno day at Abbey Motorsports for us. It could be a few weeks if people are happy to wait. There are several things he needs to iron out like space for a potentially big meet and whether the landlords will allow the dyno day on a weekend.

Watch this space and get signed up!

Can you guys reply as to whether this would be your first dyno and if it isn't what result you got last time, and also what car you're running or what you're expecting.

Thanks