Pre 2006 Airbox Conversion Kit - NEW GROUP BUY 2016 (see last post)

flyboy

2006 Airbox conversion kit (Velocity Stack) £35 + P&P. (First Class Signed for)

This is the ORIGINAL KIT kit previously marketed by RTbiscuit, now straight from the designer and manufacturer FLYBOY (Martin).

New list here http://www.350z-uk.c...-new-group-buy/

Comparison Between Post and Pre 06 Air Intakes.

5962041333_717ef6411b.jpg

Many of you will know that this kit gives the best results as a breathing mod for pre 2006 cars when combined with a quality panel filter.

Fitting the kit modifies an early airbox into the 2006 airbox giving a much smoother throttle response, and better breathability, due to less turbulent more aerodynamic airflow to the throttle body.

See this thread for DIY fitting

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=51962

Edited by flyboy
  • Like 1

Hi is this compatible with 2004 uk model,and how difficult is it to fit?

many thanks

Z

It is as I fitted it to my 2004. It's very easy to do. Once you've got the airbox out of the car, which is straightforward, it's quite literally putting silicone around it then sticking it to something. Think it was the first mod I personally did to the car, and I'm useless with a spanner!

Received and fitted today.

Speedy delivery and a perfect fit :thumbs:

I'll report on performance once it's had time to set.

Cheers mate.

Wish mine was speedy delivery, still waiting for it :teeth:

Received and fitted today.

Speedy delivery and a perfect fit :thumbs:

I'll report on performance once it's had time to set.

Cheers mate.

Wish mine was speedy delivery, still waiting for it :teeth:

Hi Bry you have a PM

Posted out a second one yesterday.

Usually reliable post gone wrong for the first time on here. :rant:

If they haven't arrived within 4-5 days of you paying let me know folks.!!

Brian left it 2 weeks before he asked for a an update on delivery!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i'm sure i keep posting this up and no one reads it,

abbey did test it. there wasn;t a massive difference in BHP figures they stay pretty nominal to stock but what it did seem to do was smooth out the throttle response. and the car was appranently more responsive.

its a great bit of kit and works well as an additional piece of the jigsaw for maximising your returns when it comes to a remap. Abbey seem to like them as they buy them as well. as do a few other places. its never going to be a magic bullet that suddenyl produces 100BHP form no where (we all know the car is notoriuosly had to squeeze anything extra out of NA without a remap).

Flyboy produces and sells these they are a supurb piece of kit, the fit and finish is excellent, the instructions are a doddle to follow. they make an improvement on the the stock car and if you have a pre 2006 this should be on your shopping list to fit to your car. and at £36 you can't really go wrong.

Hi Guys I have been away for Chrimbo in Marraketch hence no earlier reply from me on the subject.

Cheers for the recomendation RT and Grlnet.

As RT says it smooths out the airflow behind the air filter and gives a better smoother throttle response.

( See I knew the degree in fluid dynamics would count for something)

However its not my design folks its pure Nissan and if they thought it worthwhile to spend money on it I thought it probably works and wanted one.

I soon found out post 2006 airboxes were like rocking horse poo mixed with hens teeth. ( lots of info available on the forum and the net as to why, everyone with an earlier car was buying them up)

I decided to copy it and make a conversion kit as I couldnt get a post 2006 airbox for less than £100.

However making the tooling then getting it produced and zinc plated to match the original was going to cost a lot more........

The only option was to make lots and try to get my money back by selling them.

Its still available for £37.50 posted as the full kit or £35.00 without the tube of automotive silicone if you have your own.

There is a guide in the guides section for fitting http://www.350z-uk.c...-fitting-guide/

takes about 15-20 mins plus curing time.

I can do a service exchange if you want and have a complete modified airbox ready for swapping over if you want to come and see me in Stafford.

I may even be able to come to Wales or Lake Z for a days fitting if there is enough interest or advance orders.

Edited by flyboy

• 1 month later...