Admiral renewal

wesmin

I have just had my admiral renewal quote in for my 370 auto and its £165 higher than Sainsburys for the next year. I called them and they said they would reduce my quotation knowing what I had been quoted elsewhere and still come up with a quote over £100 more expensive

Up until a few weeks back admiral were always coming back the cheapest for any car i checked on confused.com. Miles cheaper. But now, it seems they have put their prices up and are well down on the list. Privilage are now coming in as the cheapest for me, regardless of what car i put in!

I think each company takes it in turns to offer lower prices for a few months in order to get more customers in, then they jack them up again.

Admiral were only just the cheapest for me too. Seems whatever they were doing to get the punters in has now ended. I suspect it was just a short lived thing to get new customers in as they used to be miles cheaper than others. Now thats likely ended, they are just in with the usual competition.

Have you tried to get a new quote from Admiral? It maybe that it's cheaper for new customers whilst renewals get a higher premium, standard lure tactics to get the punters in but whack the premium up the following year to make better margins.

Fortunately dual pricing by insurance companies is big in the news currently and some thing you can definitely take to a complaint if you find your new policy quotes more than your old one. Try using a different email address and name but keep reg and postcode the same.

Also don't forget not all insurers will be on aggregator sites because the aggregators have such high commissions so often the best deals are still to be had by doing your own research. It's just society has got a bit lazy and swallowed by the comparison site mass media. And don't buy for the sake of a free meerkat, again the campaign launched found this time last year and did really well initially but now customers are getting their renewals through and the premiums are getting pushed up to make up margins from low value entry level policies.

Rant over :lol:

Have you tried to get a new quote from Admiral? It maybe that it's cheaper for new customers whilst renewals get a higher premium, standard lure tactics to get the punters in but whack the premium up the following year to make better margins.

Fortunately dual pricing by insurance companies is big in the news currently and some thing you can definitely take to a complaint if you find your new policy quotes more than your old one. Try using a different email address and name but keep reg and postcode the same.

Also don't forget not all insurers will be on aggregator sites because the aggregators have such high commissions so often the best deals are still to be had by doing your own research. It's just society has got a bit lazy and swallowed by the comparison site mass media. And don't buy for the sake of a free meerkat, again the campaign launched found this time last year and did really well initially but now customers are getting their renewals through and the premiums are getting pushed up to make up margins from low value entry level policies.

Rant over :lol:

I'm quite happy for them to inflate current customer renewals and keep new ones lower. It means that the muppets of the world can pay the inflated prices which drive down "new" customer prices for me :teeth:

I used to be with Admiral, but the renewal this year was just too much to swallow. Shopped around, tried Adrian Flux after a recommendation and they turned out cheaper by far, and added bonus that they don't have any problem with mods. Admiral are okay with mods to a point, credit where credits due, but at too high a cost now.

Give Adrian Flux a go :)

Am I the only one then, that got a cheaper renewal from Admiral? :lol:

20+ overall no claims bonus, 40, 3 cars, 350z GT4, Golf Tdi mk4, and a toyota landcruiser

All for £850. Mainly the zed costing the most, but far cheaper than other insurance companies.

Im rather happy :thumbs:

I was with Adrian Flux last year, but this year they hiked the price quite a bit and I moved to Sky, saved about £140

Sky is a trader on here and they give discount for forum members - send them a PM and see what you get.

(They are also tolerant of mods so Upreved cars with BC racing coilovers etc are no issue for them)

Am I the only one then, that got a cheaper renewal from Admiral? :lol:

My renewal last year was actually cheaper than the previous year and cheaper than a new policy price... First time it's happened in 10 years with them! Usually had to get them to match a new policy quote from one of their other brands (Elephant, Bell Direct).

Not sure what will happen this year though, what with all the dodgy whiplash claims going on :thumbdown:

steer clear of tescos they may be cheap but they are a nightmare to deal with if anything needs to be claimed!

its like getting blood from a stone :bang:

i appreciate that most insurance companies are quick to take your money but hate to give anything back but tescos take the p*$s

rant over :rant:

mine was also no fault,car was parked,uninsured driver came around the corner hitting the car infront of mine hard enough for it to bounce into the front of mine

driver was caught and arrested same night thanks to eye witness who followed him home

was told by tesco not to worry cause i would claim from the guy who's car hit mine and he would claim from uninsured driver,

that all changed when they realised the car that hit me was also insured by tesco

took almost 18 months for it to be completely sorted

never again :thumbdown:

With Admiral myself for my 350z, think will be going elsewhere as they charged me £22.50 just to change where the car is kept overnight, wouldnt mind but its the same post code and street!!! :rant:

Surely that is the admin charge and nothing to do with the details that you actually changed? Unfortuantely they have charges like that to keep the prices of those that dont change details mid year down. I had the same charge when I moved from my 350z to 370z, rather amazing going from an older car (~£8k) to a spanking new one (~£35k) it was the only thing they charged me!

• 8 months later...

Mines is not up until November again (Admiral) but I'm hoping it goes down a bit, if it does go up I bet its because of the no discrimination against male drivers or something and they've just upped the prices to cover... they always find a way..