All Stars Driving Academy @ Brands Hatch

Nothing to watch out for really other than solid objects, the instructors are all pro level drifters from BDC, EDC and Drift Allstars and will tell you everything you need to know, and as Ive said many times before on here the Z33 is a realy easy car to drift. :thumbs:

If you want to perfect the "drifter look" though Id advise washing your hands in sump oil for a week or soand having your most mismatched, dirtiest clothes run over by a tractor a few times, dont wash you hair (or anything else) for a few days beforehand, steal some trainers from a homeless, rub more oil on your face before going out int he morning and chainsmoke rollups, only stopping to have another slurp on a branded energy drink :thumbs:

OK so it was only £59, it's a nice little taster session. Worth a giggle. Started off in the 350Z but that got cut a bit short as the tyres ripped and I had to come in. Then went onto something else (Nissan but dunno what), then onto a Skyline GTS. Unfortunately the Zed wasn't ready until the little snake run (consecutive left right left turns) they had made, and even then on it's first turn out the guy in front of me ripped one of it's tyres, so it went back in again.

So unfortunately I only got to drive the Zed for one of the sessions.

All in all, it's a shame that they hadn't got the 2nd 350Z setup, it had it's rears and springs off. Also that the second set of alloys for each car didn't already have new tyres on them for a quick change-over.

But hey it was only £59. I think I learned, never do that in my car! Not unless I've got cheapo tyres, which ain't gonna happen.

My bro got me a "Drift Experience @ Brands Hatch" for my birthday, wonder if it's the same people :)

Not booked yet but have to do so before end of June.

Sounds like its the same. They only had spaces available in august/September apart from yesterday. Lucky I was off. I booked on Friday last week. Offer finished on Monday last week, so it got booked up quick.

My bro got me a "Drift Experience @ Brands Hatch" for my birthday, wonder if it's the same people :)

It will be the same guys, yes. :)

Who was instructing you BBK?

It will be the same guys, yes. :)

Who was instructing you BBK?

Various different people. However big George did instruct me on the art of doughnuts. However I only saw ur msg afterwards and he was busy. Asked one of the other guys and he filled me in on the story.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the thread resurrection but thought i'd update on my experience of the Brands Hatch drift academy.

I paid a hefty £300 via http://www.therealgranturismo.com for a full day. But this meant proper briefing and all day tuition, as well as using the 350z and skyline GTS-T exclusively. Absolutely loved the skyline/ boost but the 350z easily held it's own. It's also a testament to how much of a beating these cars can take and still tick!

It was a great day and you're introduced to 1st/ 2nd gear fairly complex drifts which just aren't doable on the road unless you want trouble/ to wreck your own car. We're not talking cheeky powerslides here, a pair of rears was lasting 10mins a go to give you some idea of how hard the cars run. I also felt I was getting a great idea of the balance of the 350z in terms of car control (esp in the wet/ sliding conditions).

In comparison to the £59 quid sessions, the group was pretty overcrowded and got very limited time in the cars- also, it was the all-day group that got the use of the 350z/ gts-t exclusively and the cars for the larger group weren't quite as good IMHO. They didn't really get past basic doughnuts/ slide where as the all-day group got into the properly fast stuff.

Overall, well worth a go though :drive1

It's also a testament to how much of a beating these cars can take and still tick!

You didnt see the vast mountain of driveshafts they have been through then?? ;):D

Sounds like you had a great time, good stuff. If you fancy a bit more then buy yourself a cheap pair of wheels and go to the next DWYB at Santa Pod, its only £60, theres nothing to hit and you can play as much as you like, being able to do it on demand is a great feeling ;)

• 3 weeks later...

As a zed newb this would be a good way to find my feet with how it feels when getting sideways!!

From the thread title though i did think it was saying i could take paddock hill bend sideways in someone elses 350 for £60........now that would be worth a go

• 1 month later...

Well, did my 2 hours session today and I had a great time.

For the doughnuts, I had James in the grey 350Z, for figure of eights I had Jay and the black Soarer and finally for the slalom I got the Skyline GTS.

All in all, great fun. Found the slalom easier to do than figure of eights tbh.

Doughnuts in the Zed, actually managed one whole doughnut, while looking out the driverside window at the cone in the middle.......before i overcooked it and spun, lol.

To finish, we got passenger rides in the BMW