Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thetranquilbass

HR Carbon Fibre Cooling Panel

83 posts in this topic

Sarahhp18    46

Blonde moment, Whats a HR? :bangin:

oooo we like blondes! ;)

Some of us aren't that fussy. As long as you are breathing, works for me! Being blind and desperate are just added bonuses!

You aren't by any chance are you? Lol.

Classic! That sounds liek my moto!! :)

Ha ha :blush:

Blonde moment, Whats a HR? :bangin:

oooo we like blondes! ;)

Some of us aren't that fussy. As long as you are breathing, works for me! Being blind and desperate are just added bonuses!

You aren't by any chance are you? Lol.

Classic! That sounds liek my moto!! :)

Ha ha :blush:

You guys think I'm joking! I'm not. That's my type. Well I say my type, in reality it's not my choice. It's just what I'm left with. Just never found one.

Back on topic...latest update from Taras is as follows,

"Currently we are looking at £120 per panel. Available in 1*1 or 2*2 carbon. Other colours for additional £20."

I would expect to have final details of this and costs within the next week and will post any further updates as they become available.

Based on the above costing, does everyone remain committed to this?

p40ulw    0

Back on topic...latest update from Taras is as follows,

"Currently we are looking at £120 per panel. Available in 1*1 or 2*2 carbon. Other colours for additional £20."

I would expect to have final details of this and costs within the next week and will post any further updates as they become available.

Based on the above costing, does everyone remain committed to this?

im well up for it!! :)

what is 2*2 and 1*1?

DannyBoy    17

any news on this and what about the above question? i presume its something to do with weave?

To answer the weave question, 2*2 is a twill weave pattern (with the diagonal stripes) and the alternative is a plain weave (one under, one over sort of thing). The DE ones that RT make are 2*2 Twill weave.

DB

"It's a green light to go but we are trying to find a HR Zed to get into the body shop for 1 day to do the holding and then another day to test fit and correct the prototype". Latest from Taras.

"It's a green light to go but we are trying to find a HR Zed to get into the body shop for 1 day to do the holding and then another day to test fit and correct the prototype". Latest from Taras.

I could do that if it means getting one developed. Wonder if I'd qualify for a discount for doing so??? :lol:

I could do that if it means getting one developed. Wonder if I'd qualify for a discount for doing so??? :lol:

Or free!!! Wink wink.

Taras had mentioned another local member also as a possible but don't want to drop their name here and put any additional pressure on. If two of you would be willing it may be of benefit as looks as though Taras will require an HR on two separate occasions.

HaydnH    687

Guys, a member who has agreed to lend us his has hasn't turned up yet, i'm hoping next week. We have 3-4 Zeds in a bodyshop daily but none of them is HR :(

Appreciate the patience :thumbs:

I still need to pop in to chat about my front bumper - if you just need a HR to make the shape out of wood/plastic (i.e: without a cooling panel to mould) I could drop mine off Thursday morning on the way to work. I also have a titanium cooling panel off e-bay which doesn't quite fit (holes need enlarging) if that would help.

andy james    1,306

We have started making a HR version on Friday :thumbs:

Haydn, give me a ring before you're coming over.

Hi chaps.

If this great plan comes off count me in for one.

Andy

4RE Leather    319

I though I'd put a quick update. we've done the base which covers the maximum space, now working on inlet ends. Shape is in place. Next move joining those together, fibreglass a prototype and make a mould for carbon :thumbs:

HRcp.jpg

I recognise that engine bay:)

Is that for me then:):)

:drive1