EBC yellow stuff pads

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi Folks

Just put a full set all round of EBC Yellow Stuff pads on my JDM ( non brembo)...the nissan ones on there were possibly original? (car has about 36K miles on it).

Have done the requisite bedding in and after 150 miles the brakes are MUCH stronger when cold and definitely ( so far) fade free for my style of driving..spirited but not track.

great improvement. Downside it seems to be a lot more dust coming off but easy to clean off. Maybe the dust will subside with a few more miles??

Anyway well worth the investment over Nissan pads for me. Brought them back from a trip from USA where they were $152 which translates to just on £100 the set inc tax and shipping to where I was staying.

All for now...PS my new Avon ZZ3 are very quiet and so far grippy as hell. but not yet got into wet "spirited dring" so cant yet say on that

Cheers

JohnUKVetteNut

Ive had yellow stuff on mine for nearly a year used on track and road the brake dust will not get better with use, it goes with this type of pad.

If you want less dust "red stuff" is the pad to use. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Okay i need new brake pads. For sure. My driving style is normal 75% of time and aggressive 25%, yellow be a bit too harsh for the discs with that style of driving?

They will be perfect for your purposes. PM CS as he has a great price on them :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Ive just changed pads to yellow stuff but the previous pads still seem to have alot of usage in them, the reason i changed them was because the car brakes didnt work at all when braking at 70. Not tried it yet as cant drive car atm, but is it fair to say its because the old brakes were cheap ones and they heat up too fast? Or could it be due to the brake fluid? Discs look fine

pads might have glazed, could be cheap pads, difficult to guess when i don't know what the old pads where or actually seeing and handling them.

when was the last time the brake fluid was done? should be done every other year. inless you track it then should be done every other track day or after every track day if you drive like greekman :lol:

braided brake lines may help with firming up the pedal feel.