Car park distances

ph 7

Is it normal to find myself parking as far away from every living soul on any car park???

I'm currently parking in positions where no one has any requirement to take a shortcut by walking between my car and another. With the weather yesterday it meant I got wet to walk to the shops but a brolly is cheaper than a scratch!

I give up trying to park away from other cars, doesn't seem to matter where I park I always find either a 4x4, tatty transit or people carrier next to me when I get back :thumbdown:

I still try but with the same results. Even when the rest of the carpark is empty, they still want to park next to me ... and close too!!

The Zed is quick to make friends in the car park

I hate that, doesn't matter what car you have I think, theres always some noob wanting to park right next to you...even if your...at the back of the car park lol. When the Zed enters service i'm gonna wrap it in bubblewrap and place cones around it every time i go near a shop :D lol

I always go to the same spot at the car park when at work, it's the furthest away but is bigger than all the rest and has a raised paved area on one side. Still managed to get a door ding the other day though :angry:

You get very good at knowing exactly which carparks are the widest, preferably being an end spot, not to mention ones with speed bumps or speed entry or exit points. :thumbs:

If poss I always try and park next to either a brand new car or a very expensive one..... I figure they wont want to ding their car against mine :lol:

That might not always work though. It might just be an expensive label they don't care about. :surrender:

If poss I always try and park next to either a brand new car or a very expensive one..... I figure they wont want to ding their car against mine :lol:

That might not always work though. It might just be an expensive label they don't care about. :surrender:

Plus you never know that the expensive car isn't just a company benefit that they don't care about in the slightest. I do think it is safer though as most people are sensible.

I also have a tendancy to attract the MPV's. You get back to your car and see the baby car seat on the back seats and know they'll have opened their door fully to get their kids out. I understand that people need to but can't understand why they park so close??? :rant: I thought that maybe my cars are magnetic and people are drawn towards it.

Dont get me going again, I was ranting :rant: a couple of weeks ago about this. If you want to see proper parking spaces where every car can open its doors without a "ding" you have to go to the States. A few of my American friends always complain how mean and petty our car parking designers are and this usually followed up by a comment about breakfast orange juice being served in "eye glass sizes" in hotels and B+B's.

There is no escape from the half wits who will always park next to you so that only a person with anorexia can squeeze into the drivers seat. The only solution is to pay a minder :angry: to look after it when its in public parking or a second car preferably an old beaten up land rover that you dont care about.

Have a quick read up from Plato 2000 years ago who reported that all democracies will destroy them selves when the chariot drivers were allowed to drive without taking a test I think this was the start of the breakdown in bad motoring. Well thats how I read it, any way must close Jeremy Kyle been on for half an hour must get my dose of sanity. Happy driving all. :drive1

If I can't find an empty corner, I'll either try and find a car of the same make and model to park next to (working on the theory of camaraderie) or I'll park next to something very expensive (working on the theory of it costing them more to fix theirs than to fix mine).

Costco have the greatest parking spaces in the whole of the UK. Proper US-style ones as mentioned above.

Glad it's not just me then :blush: I always find the furthest corner of the car park and, ideally, one where no-one can park on at least one side of me. I am not in the slightest bit bothered about having a short hike to the shops or wherever I am going as it seems far preferable than scratched paintwork or some idiot parking so close that even if I were wafer thin I still couldn't open my door wide enough to get in :thumbdown: I went to Jewson's yesterday and parked next to a very smart Jag (who had him/her self taken up two spaces to be on the safe side I assume :) ) figuring that if he/she was so protective of his car he/she wouldn't risk opening their door onto my car.

I always park miles away from anywhere as im paranoid about anyone scratching my mint paintwork. But you can guarentee when you come out you`ll find some muppet has parked their old banger next to your car.

Even at home im careful where I park as I dont want the neighbour hitting my car. But sods law, get home from a weekend away last Sunday and the missus sheepishly tells me she scratched her friends suitcase all the way down the side of my door. WTF!!!!!! So not sure what to do now, its down to the primer, not metal, but im not sure if it can be touched up or whether the door will need repainting. :(

Never park in the main area, try and find a corner without any other vehicles about and enjoy the extra few yards you have to walk. A couple of weeks back I saw a young girl slam her door into another car so hard it not only dinted the other guys car but left a 3 inch line of white paint. In fact the bang was so hard that several people turned around and looked. Anyway, she looked at the damage she'd done then got back into her car and moved it into a different space. If I'd have had a pen and a piece of paper handy I'd have taken her number and left a note on the guys car (it was a 3 year old Pug) but in a supermarket car park there's little you can do anyway.

Pete