Fuel use poll

docwra

How often do you fill up with non-Super fuel?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you fill up with non-Super fuel?

• Never, never, never!
    • Only in desperation/fuel strikes/France
    • Occasionally, maybe 25% of time
    • 50% of the time
    • Nearly all the time
    • Whats this "Super" you speak of?

Following on from another thread, weve all seen the discussions over fuel and how using 95 RON possibly, might, could do, perhaps cause detonation damage on the VQ engine, particularly at higher revs.

I dont want to start the discussion all over again, but Im interested to know who has actually put 95 RON in their car, and if so, how often. Hopefully it will be a private poll so people wont see if you take the cheap option every time ;)

If the numbers come out that 50% of owners use 95 RON regularly then we know its not a major issue, if its a lot less then there could be something there. :)

Mod Edit: Polls are completely annonymous so please don't be afraid of answering truthfully. No-one will know which fuel you use unless you post something in the thread below. So there is no fear of being mocked one way or the other. Lexx

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted - Only in desperation/fuel strikes/France :thumbs:

I have filled up maybe 5 / 6 times with 95 when I have either been stuck or had a voucher for Morrisons or ASDA who don't do super....

I never drive the car any differently and never really noticed any significant difference in economy or performance although I am sure there must have been some...

I think the poll might be a little tainted by the fact some members might be scared to admit they don't use super for fear of being ridiculed..... :headhurt::blackeye:

Also worth noting that none of us really know what has gone before, my Zed had done 72k which could all have been done on potatoe juice for all I know :shrug:

I think the poll might be a little tainted by the fact some members might be scared to admit they don't use super for fear of being ridiculed..... :headhurt::blackeye:

Its a private poll Dave, people cant see what you put unless you stick it down here too :)

I have got to say that the "/France" part doesn't apply as virtually everywhere I've driven on the continent has a far superior supply of premium petrol at virtually every single petrol station I have ever come across.

The 100 Octane stuff you can get in Germany is epic.

Being in the position of having owned the Zed since spangly new, I've had exactly one third of a tank of 95 in it in 20,000 miles of ownership. And it was in Scotland during the first Hoon.

And I wept..... :lol:

Being in the position of having owned the Zed since spangly new, I've had exactly one third of a tank of 95 in it in 20,000 miles of ownership. And it was in Scotland during the first Hoon.

And I wept..... :lol:

Scotland is the only area I have had to use 95 on each visit and once or twice in Wales, IIRC, with my previous 350. Never a full tank of it though.

Mind you, one of the maps with the uprev I have on the 370 is set for 95. :D

Its a private poll Dave, people cant see what you put unless you stick it down here too :)

I've edited the OP post to be clear that the poll is annonymous to avoid exactly this.

I've edited the OP post to be clear that the poll is annonymous to avoid exactly this.

Damn I bought the glasses and moustache for absolutely NO reason :rant:

disguise.jpeg

I have only ever put 95 in once, and that was due to no access to V Power and only put £5 till I reached the next available V Power station.

Other than that I'll even pay €1.76 for V Power Race in Germany just because I don't want naff fuel.

I can totally understand emergencies, but filling with 95 is as we know NOT recommended.

I voted Never in this instance as I've only ever had one emergency?

Shell V-Power all the way baby!

This

I've used diesel v-power in my Alfa Romeo for the past 12 months. I ONCE put in £20 worth of standard diesel from BP and the difference was dramatic! Lumpy on idle, power wasn't delivered as smoothly as before, just crap

I can only imagine it's the same for petrol in the 350z, would only treat it to V-Power

Shell V-Power all the way baby!

This

I've used diesel v-power in my Alfa Romeo for the past 12 months. I ONCE put in £20 worth of standard diesel from BP and the difference was dramatic! Lumpy on idle, power wasn't delivered as smoothly as before, just crap

I can only imagine it's the same for petrol in the 350z, would only treat it to V-Power

I always use Millers in my TDI FR :thumbs:

like i said a while back.... you wouldn't feed a pedigree cat on tesco own brand cat food.... you would fill it up with Iams!! :#1:

B)

.....but then tescos do very good 99 Ron cat food now :D

Tescos standard = tesco own brand

tescos super (99 ron) = Iams

:lol:

Interesting, 15% of people so far use 95ron at least 50% of the time, 10% almost all of the time :snack:

Would have been useful to find out if the super non believers are mile munchers or not.... I must admit if I was doing a 30 mile each way commute in traffic each day I doubt I would bother with super unleaded, not much occasion to notice any decrease in power or performance or to get over 4k doing 30mph or less :surrender: