Hello - 95% sure I'll get 350z, please help!

:welcome:

I think RT above has made a fair point that you are on a 350z forum and people here love their Zed's to bits... dont think you ll hear much other way around! Having said that I dont own a 'Z'... YET... so I can give an unbiased opinion (I think). I think its the best sports car in the world given the price tag it comes with. Period!!

The reason for your friends opinion I guess could be either he cant afford one so grapes are sour, or he definately knows that its a superb car and he dont want you to own one!

Or he's just a giant douche? :lol:

:welcome:

I have had a few interesting drivers cars (as per below) and I would put the 350Z right up there with the best of them - albeit as a GT rather than an out and out sports car.

As to what other people's perceptions are - who cares - as long as you don't miss out.

Have a chat to Zugara he has had a 350z and a 370z and a hairdressers car inbetween so he will be best placed to put you mind at ease and assure you that your mate is indeed a jealous fool.

I had someone at work tell ne my Zed was not a 'proper' sports car, I said RWD, built as a 2 seater, V6, coupe :shrug:

What does he drive to make this assumption..... A VW Passat.... with a Vtec badge on the back....

the zeds a great GT car, its comfortable has a good engine for cruising with plenty for over taking, it has good looks, a nice sound, has a bit of heritage to it etc. you can go and have some fun on the track with it, and then drive it home. it is good value for money but it isn't the most awesome car ever. the zed strikes a good balance over alot of areas with only small compromises. other cars which are out and out sports car do somethings alot better but make bigger sacrifices in other areas.

at the end of the day if you like it; get it. :thumbs:

Thank you all, I have spend most of today looking around at 350zs in my local area.

I have decided to take the plunge!

I enjoyed the comments about the guy with the z-tec badge on his car! sounds like a tool!

Thanks again, Phil.

I'll be posting pics of my nice 350z next to his colt soon, I hope!

Thank you all, I have spend most of today looking around at 350zs in my local area.

I enjoyed the comments about the guy with the z-tec badge on his car! sounds like a tool!

Thanks again, Phil.

Good luck with the search Phil, fingers crossed you'll find a good one. Always worth checking the Zed's for sale on this forum as they will have been looked after, pampered and you should get a good idea of the history of them.

Even if none of them take your fancy you'll at least get a good idea of condition, mileage, extra's and an overall 'value for money' representation, which may help if you choose to buy from a dealer, e-bay, autotrader etc.

As has been said, you'll get pretty good 'bang for our buck' with the Zed. Maybe your mate is just a bit jealous or maybe he's a bit worried that if you get a great car like the Zed he'll feel a bit left out. It's not worth losing a mate over a car, when you get yours take him for a spin in it.......and sow the seed. Maybe he'll want one himself and then you'll both be having fun :D:drive1:D

Thanks again, Phil.

Good luck with your search :thumbs:

it probably isn't jealousy.

funny to think it, but not everyone in the world is a Zed fan; hard to believe i know, but it could just be he doesn;t like the car. :shrug: scary thought i know. :lol:

I didn't mean it like that. :) I meant in the fact, it's different to his friends Colt.

Hello, New here. (hand shakes all round)

I currently drive a Mercedes 190e (1.8) - I love it but 95% certain I want to change to a 350z. I have spent a lot of time researching and working out insurance, all good......EXCEPT

I am put off by one thing!....A good friend of mine (Peter) tells me that the 350z has a reputation for "fruity mobile hairdresser types" I'm not prejudice or even bothered by his crazy opinions but I would like to prove him wrong!

He drives a J-reg Mitsubishi Colt! - He has it slammed to floor and has done all the normal stupid things to it that is all to common amongst " boy-racer hockey dads" types.

Should I listen to Peter? - I intend to print out this thread and show it to him.

Thanks in advance,

The key here, is he drives a Mitsubishi colt.

I currently drive a Mercedes 190e (1.8) - I love it but 95% certain I want to change to a 350z. I have spent a lot of time researching and working out insurance, all good......EXCEPT

I am put off by one thing!....A good friend of mine (Peter) tells me that the 350z has a reputation for "fruity mobile hairdresser types" I'm not prejudice or even bothered by his crazy opinions but I would like to prove him wrong!

He drives a J-reg Mitsubishi Colt! - He has it slammed to floor and has done all the normal stupid things to it that is all to common amongst " boy-racer hockey dads" types.

Should I listen to Peter? - I intend to print out this thread and show it to him.

Thanks in advance,

and he's buying a nissan 350Z ?

i'm not seeing the class difference here sorry, but they're both jap, and both appeal to different audiences.

Thanks in advance,

and he's buying a nissan 350Z ?

i'm not seeing the class difference here sorry, but they're both jap, and both appeal to different audiences.

they are both jap, which is good. Simply sticking up for the zed! personally i see the difference.. But as you quite rightly say , they appeal to different audiences.