Dash squeak :(

TEMPERZ

Hi all,

Only had my 07 for a week now and it's got a squeak/creak noise which sounds like its coming from the centre of the dash around the oil press, volt gauge binnacle.

The squeak seems to be getting worse and it's driving me nuts :( . I've tried having a passenger in whilst driving and pushing on various bits of the dash to see if the noise changes or goes but ive had no joy!

Anybody got any suggestions to what it could be or anybody had a similar problem and fixed it???

Cheers all :)

That's what I thought about, some spongy foam tape to put around where the plastic meets.

Didn't think about silicon based spray, that's worth a go :).

Haha yeah I know, all my skylines rattled like a pig and I thought maybe things might have improved......wrong!!!! Lol :D. Just waiting on decats so It might disappear when I pop them on lol ;)

Mine came from the dash touching the windscreen. I used a length of 3 core flex (black) stripped out the cores and inserted it between the two. Job done.

Now Ive got a noise coming from behind me around the drivers side of the tail gate and just cant locate it :angry:

• 10 months later...

Or you could get yourself some wing piping

http://www.woolies-t...pvc-piping.aspx

So would you just drop that in, or glue it in place ?

I'm thinking that with the adhesive foam\draft excluder, it may peel off when the heater is on.

I have what sounds like a tormented monkey trapped in the dash :D

I also spotted this as well: (weather strip from B&Q)

http://search.diy.com/search#w=weather%20strip&asug=

Edited by RobPhoboS