Air Con

Dicky

Anyone noticed their air con intermittantly switching on by itself. Mine seems to have started to do it :thumbdown: . Ive tried tapping the switch and surrounding area but cant get it to come. Any ideas welcome :thumbs:

Its a pain cos when you switch off again the screen fogs up. :angry:

Have you got it set on auto - which from what you describe would be normal. With the weather we have had of late it is quite normal to have the air-con on all the time to stop the misting, especially if all your windows are shut.

I'm presuming you have the setting for incoming air as opposed to recirculating in the car which would certainly cause the misting on wet days without the air-con on.

The controls are set to Auto and for incoming air (not recirc). Odd times when driving I look down and the air con light is on but I didnt select it. Its happenes quite often but Ive never been able to connect its switching on to any event with the car (like hitting a bump in the road/other)??

As I said Ive tried banging around the controls in case theres a loose connection but it doesnt come on. :wacko:

Its generally reckoned its best to leave the air-con on all the time in a ZED, although I'm one that whenever possible wil have the window open, if only a smidgen, and find having it on full time is not necessary.

Try leaving it on for a week or two and see if you still have problems.

Anyone noticed their air con intermittantly switching on by itself. Mine seems to have started to do it :thumbdown: . Ive tried tapping the switch and surrounding area but cant get it to come. Any ideas welcome :thumbs:

Its a pain cos when you switch off again the screen fogs up. :angry:

Mine does this too but I haven't worked out why yet, it might be because the cabin temp has risen above the temp set on the dial. I don't think it does it if you turn the fan to the off position.

When you turn the fans to windscreen air con comes on automatically.

+1 :)

It's a common feature on most cars that the air-conditioning is automatically switched on when the directional controls are set to windscreen in order to prevent fogging.