netbook - thoughts on this one ?

neo

http://h40059.www4.hp.com/uk/homelaptop ... nce=direct

i can get the above for £280 (rrp £549 then £350)

looking for a replacement for my samsung nc10, been a great netbook but time to move on :teeth:

is there a similar or better spec one out there that i should consider :shrug::)

yes i know there's ultrabooks but for ultra money, yes i'm a cheapskate :lol:

Well got the netbook yesterday and it's going back :dry:

got it out of the box, switched it on, got to the desktop, went to install firefox to be greeted by a BSOD about a page_file in a no paged area or something like that, great start to a BRAND NEW netbook, reboot and got a few more BSOD at random times ?!?!?!?!

googled the problem, looks like it's faulty memory and/or faulty memory controller on the motherboard, windows shows 4gb installed but only 1.60gb is usable !!!!! never seen that before in all my years or building and repairing pc/notebook's.

also the build quailty leaves something to be desired, definitely not worth the full asking price of £549, some of the finish to the edges of the plastic surround looks more like those knock-off Apad/Epads off eBay :thumbdown::lol:

first and last HP product.

emailed HP customer support.

so my hunt is on again :teeth:

the netbook above was more than enough for my needs if only it worked correctly :lol:

like the size of netbooks, don't see the need for anything larger/heavier for taking around with me, tablets for me are just like a giant phone, without the phone part,can't see the point in them imho :blush:

the netbook above was more than enough for my needs if only it worked correctly :lol:

like the size of netbooks, don't see the need for anything larger/heavier for taking around with me, tablets for me are just like a giant phone, without the phone part,can't see the point in them imho :blush:

id go for asus eee pc 10" series. make sure you get the fastest one though. :thumbs:

and upgrade the ram

was looking at the asus 'flare' series -

http://www.engadget.com/photos/asus-eee ... -hands-on/

or this one -

http://www.netbooklive.com/asus-1225b-r ... fer-13283/

looks very well made judging by the pictures :)

my NC10 was a 10.2" so was going for something a little bigger also going for something a little quicker :)

Samsung Series 9 - way more expensive, but way better. Just as small and light :#1:

Not that I'm bias :blush:

very nice as i said before but outta my price range :blush:

get a 1015PX on Amazon for 240£ add tenner for memory and you are all set.

• 3 weeks later...