Blue Security/quality Mark on Rays - How to remove

370Ad

Just received 4 Rays with part worn tyres.

The alloys are 99% perfect apart from all 4 have a blue security mark on them. Its a plasticy substance and the only way i can think of removing it is with a flat metal end of a screw driver or the equivalent.

This will most definitely mark the alloys so i was wondering if anyone knew a better way?! I have already tried using an old credit card but the mark wont budge.

photo-1.jpg

Thanks for any help in advance :)

Cheers,

Adam

The blue dot signifies the lightest (or the heaviest) part of the wheel.

The red dot on the tyre does the same thing.

In the factory, once the tyre is mounted on the rim, the wheel is rotated inside the tyre until the dots are lined up so the least amount of weights need to be added for balancing.

The tyre is then inflated by blowing air down the edge of the tyre bead rather than inflating via the valve. This is done for speed.

The wheel/ tyre can then be balanced.

:thumbs:

The blue dot signifies the lightest (or the heaviest) part of the wheel.

The red dot on the tyre does the same thing.

In the factory, once the tyre is mounted on the rim, the wheel is rotated inside the tyre until the dots are lined up so the least amount of weights need to be added for balancing.

The tyre is then inflated by blowing air down the edge of the tyre bead rather than inflating via the valve. This is done for speed.

The wheel/ tyre can then be balanced.

:thumbs:

Every day's a school day. I never knew that.

why get rid of them, you have decent wheels that actually allow for the best kind of weight balancing, and you want to rub it off? :shrug:

Because it looks a bit odd. Lovely clean silver wheel and blue spot!

Never seen other wheels with this, I'll give it a go with a few of your ideas and let you know how I got on!