Oxygen sensor spacers for use with Berks HFCs

Squee

Hi all,

Just a quick q... for the sake of only a few quid I'm guessing it's gonna be best to get oxygen sensor spacers fitted at the same time as the HFCs. There's a few 'one size fits all' on ebay - will these be ok or do you need special ones for the Zed?

S.

Thanks for that Keyser. The Berks will arrive with me tomorrow so I'll double check then.... I'm assuming if yours came with them then it's standard?

I'm a bit confuzzled now (although that doesn't take much!) - a fair few members on here have said they've had to buy O2 sensors to stop the engine management light coming on with the HFCs...

Thanks again!

S.

Thanks again all...I'm sure I've read various posts on this forum about members having to buy O2 sensors for the Berks to stop the EM light coming on.

So you all think it's unlikely that I'll have any errors thrown up once the HFCs are fitted as they come? I have no short-term plans for a remap if that would make any difference to things.

Cheers again,

S.

Presumably the spacers just add to the spacer which is already part of the cat retracting the lambda sensor slightly..????

I also read on here a mixture of opinions... some stating that the light sometimes comes on with Berks HFC (mainly in cold weather) - but mainly with decats.

For the sake of £20 from Zmanalex I thought I would do it just in case. Easy to fit. :thumbs:

Presumably the spacers just add to the spacer which is already part of the cat retracting the lambda sensor slightly..????

I also read on here a mixture of opinions... some stating that the light sometimes comes on with Berks HFC (mainly in cold weather) - but mainly with decats.

For the sake of £20 from Zmanalex I thought I would do it just in case. Easy to fit. :thumbs:

Same problem as quoted had to get my engine light reset a couple of times now, so I guess we are agreeing the spacer just screws on to the existing Berks fitting? Presumedly the extra length does not interfere with any part of the engine-exhaust area?

Alex if your reading this, a nod of the head gets you a sale :thumbs:

Same problem as quoted had to get my engine light reset a couple of times now, so I guess we are agreeing the spacer just screws on to the existing Berks fitting? Presumedly the extra length does not interfere with any part of the engine-exhaust area?

You have the nod mate :thumbs:

The extra O2 simulator should not interfere with the undercarriage and providing they are not pointing downwards then you will also have enough ground clearance. :thumbs:

Alex :)

You have the nod mate :thumbs:

The extra O2 simulator should not interfere with the undercarriage and providing they are not pointing downwards then you will also have enough ground clearance. :thumbs:

Alex :)

Hi Alex

Pm on your doorstep re above, can you also pm back with a P1 service kit price please?

Cheers Jeff

• 1 year later...

For the sake of £20 from Zmanalex I thought I would do it just in case. Easy to fit. thumbs.gif

Alex if your reading this, a nod of the head gets you a sale thumbs.gif

You have the nod mate thumbs.gif

The extra O2 simulator should not interfere with the undercarriage and providing they are not pointing downwards then you will also have enough ground clearance. thumbs.gif

Alex smile.gif

Hey Alex,

do you still have these in stock? I was also wondering placing the sensor further from where its supposed to be, will it not give inaccurate readings for the ecu? or is it the other way round it places it to optimum position for sensor readings? or do the sensor readings not effect the ecu in any other way? Also people that have the check light that comes on sometimes why is that? And would heat wrapping your decat help at all?

Thanks

Saskhi

I think (but could be wrong) that sensor after cat is only there to indicate a cat fault. It measures the flow and thus if too low/high...senses that something is up with cat. Obviously with removing cats and fitting decats / hfc.....this flow is altered, and leaving sensor in same position will throw up a fault. By moving sensor away from flow, this helps.

On bikes, same applies, but instead of moving sensor out of flow, a simple plug in "sensor bridge" can be fitted. Surprised no one has done it yet for the 350z. Would plug into existing harness...and tell ECU everything is ok.

Then again....someone with more knowledge than me will be along soon to tell me I'm taking crap.

I think (but could be wrong) that sensor after cat is only there to indicate a cat fault. It measures the flow and thus if too low/high...senses that something is up with cat. Obviously with removing cats and fitting decats / hfc.....this flow is altered, and leaving sensor in same position will throw up a fault. By moving sensor away from flow, this helps.

On bikes, same applies, but instead of moving sensor out of flow, a simple plug in "sensor bridge" can be fitted. Surprised no one has done it yet for the 350z. Would plug into existing harness...and tell ECU everything is ok.

Then again....someone with more knowledge than me will be along soon to tell me I'm taking crap.

If you have an upRev you can get this bypassed too if needed :thumbs:

Ahh.. so technically i dont even need it for my car to function at optimum? I just thought the readings would be processed back to ecu to differ a/f or something but if its just to tell you if cats are functioning then a bypass would suffice! What if i just deleted the code using obd r/w and just filled in the holes would that be a problem?

• 6 years later...

Sadly spacers only worked for a time, so I have to keep cancelling the EML.

I did leave it on for a while but someone on here pointed out that there could be another  fault going undetected.

Edited by ricochet
grammar