370Z big clean

TheMacDaddy

So I thought I'd give this detailing lark a bit of a go and, £100 of supplies and an Easter Saturday later, I'm actually quite pleased with the results!

Snow foam, wash, dry, clay, polish, wax, plus a wheel clean and tyre dress. Was expecting it to take ages but got round the whole thing in just over 2 hours.

Thanks to http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk for all the kit, and the excellent advice and experience from all you guys here on the forum.

Biggest discovery was micro-fibre cloths. Amazing things! All those years struggling with chamois leathers are a thing of the past now.

Of course it rained almost as soon as I'd finished, but that was just a chance to see the Dodo Juice wax do its thing. :)

IMG_9063.JPG

IMG_9060.JPG

IMG_9066.JPG

Looks really good :thumbs:

Biggest discovery was micro-fibre cloths. Amazing things! All those years struggling with chamois leathers are a thing of the past now.

Did you get one of the uber cloths for drying - they are truly amazing have discovered them myself after joining this forum. ;)

This looks the sort of thing on the website you have used:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-a ... d_362.html

Looks really good :thumbs:

Did you get one of the uber cloths for drying - they are truly amazing have discovered them myself after joining this forum. ;)

This looks the sort of thing on the website you have used:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-a ... d_362.html

Yep, spot on. I have a couple very similar. Marvellous things. Can dry the whole car in under 5 minutes.

Looks great but how did you get all that done in 2 hours!!!!

Just given mine it's spring clean, wash (hosepipe ban so no foam), clay, ag srp with DA, then a coat of HD wax, I reckon around 4-5 hours!!! Haven't even done the interior or wheels :surrender:

Great effort.

Looks great but how did you get all that done in 2 hours!!!!

Just given mine it's spring clean, wash (hosepipe ban so no foam), clay, ag srp with DA, then a coat of HD wax, I reckon around 4-5 hours!!! Haven't even done the interior or wheels :surrender:

Great effort.

I probably should add about 30 minutes onto that for time for the polish and wax to dry, but that was mostly spent drinking coffee and reading forum posts! :snack:

• 2 weeks later...

I've got quite into the detailing lark. Got a cupboard full of goodies including some Dodojuice Supernatural Wax, which I'd highly recommend. Working in an office all week, it's nice to be out in the fresh air. I often get passers by coming to talk to me about the car. Trouble is that with the Z living outside in the road it only takes a few hours for the grime to start building up again. :headhurt:

(Meguirs Quick Detailer is pretty good for a quick spruce up between washes.) :thumbs: