My first Z - Max £15,000

Ross Mac

Yeah I've seen that one and been in touch with him a few times about it to get a bit more info.

I must say it's one of the better ones in that price region but call me picky but its the lack of brembo's that is putting me off a bit.

I just think that they look so much cooler with a big brake kit on them

I wouldn't let the lack of Brembos put you off...can always be added...it'd be cheaper than half the mods already on this car.

+1 never let it bother me either :)

Hmm more food for thought. What are the none brembo's like? They decent? I would imagine pads, discs etc would be cheaper to replace?

I have never had any probs with mine , pads are available for about £40 for quality EBC make...

To be frank once I bought mine I never gave what brake calipers were fitted another thought :) ..never got into any brake fade situations despite some spirited driving..

• 2 months later...

Just thought i'd bump this one of mine!! :D

I've now decided to look out for a UK spec one - probably a non GT.

Budget has crept up to 16K - anyone know of any good ones for sale?

Would a mileage of 50k+ really put anyone off? Is there a big expensive service due around then?

Just thought i'd bump this one of mine!! :D

I've now decided to look out for a UK spec one - probably a non GT.

Budget has crept up to 16K - anyone know of any good ones for sale?

Would a mileage of 50k+ really put anyone off? Is there a big expensive service due around then?

You recently missed Nparmars Azure non GT zed that had the nismo kit and 50k on it. Went for less than £16k :surrender:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

theres a nice GT spec Chilli on this forum... high mileage and a bit over your budget again... but I would say don't let that put you off, as the engine will do double that and still feel NEW...

Unfortunately a lot of people will be put off by that...but the engine and high mileage on a well maintained car is never going to be an issue...

you are more likely to have "niggle" issues at lower mileage in this car that you are of having durability issues... The only durability issue i can think of is T/M related so ensure you take it for a good test drive and check the gear change, specially sixth gear on models pre-2005.

(Niggle issues examples, CD skipping, window drop and wind noise, a small rattle and squeak, paint chipping, these are not mileage related, but just setting, or design specifications, or parts quality... )

Mine will be up for sale in a couple of month, but i'd be willing to part with it sooner. sob...

JDM 52/03 with Brembo's, Xenon headlights, leather etc.. under your budget too.

PM me if your interested.

:cry:

+1

Dude why are you selling?

Mine will be up for sale in a couple of month, but i'd be willing to part with it sooner. sob...

JDM 52/03 with Brembo's, Xenon headlights, leather etc.. under your budget too.

PM me if your interested.

:cry:

+1

Dude why are you selling?

Tell me about it. :dry: i dont really want to sell it, but i need to get on the housing market before interest rates go up further. Its hard to get a house as it is and my wage isnt exactly matching the rise in house prices. If i cant have my car then im going to get a motorbike to tie me over with, which is the reason i did my CBT recently. Im really going to be upset when it finally goes. I keep trying to put it off to tell you the truth, i just love getting in the thing and just driving. Although i'll probably still linger around here for a while like Kev, i will miss chatting with u all, yup.. even you two spammers!! and especially not being able to go on another Wales meet. :byebye:

Maybe in the future i'll have another or possibly see Sarnie on a Gallardo Forum or summat... yeah rite! :teeth:

I have sympathy for you buddy as I'm in exactly the same :boat: as you are! I'm even doing my CBT next week so that I can aim towards getting a bike which should keep a smile on my face once the zed has gone and been replaced with a cheap Qashqai from work! :cry:

@ letank87 and Ruby , dont forget to PM me when you want 2 wheels :teeth::thumbs:

Or me when you want mortgages ;)

Well that is interesting, it's like the freemasons on here! As it happens Sarnie, I went to see a mortgage advisor only yesterday and Lomoto, I've got my eye on a 125 that should tie me over until I do my direct access later in the year. I'd be grateful of a bit of advice though! Cheers fellas. :thumbs:

I suppose we should get back to topic now hey! ;)

Thanks for all of the responses people - now I know exactly where to go shoud I fancy a motorbike :p. I work in mortgages myself so that side is covered!!

Back on topic though - I've seen the chilli one for sale however the mileage does put me off a bit however the spec is great.

Would a car like that suffer much more with depreciation? Chances are I'll only get to keep a Z for a couple of years before the missus starts getting broody and a more practical car is required!!

I'll literally use it as a weekend toy so probably will only put 10,000 miles max on it...

If it was closer to £15k I'd be very tempted however there are a few other GT's with fewer miles hovering around the 15.5 - 16k mark.

It's all very confusing this car buying lark :wacko:

@ letank87 and Ruby , dont forget to PM me when you want 2 wheels :teeth::thumbs:

Or me when you want mortgages ;)

I went to see a mortgage advisor only yesterday

Any decent advisor would come to you ;)

PM me if you want some figures B)

Mate, I live in the North East too. I live in Stockton on Tees but Work up near Newcastle.

JCImports was one of the places I visited. The cars he sells are okay. you won't get leather or brembos from most of the imports but as others have posted you can save money and do that yourself. Other options are Vine Place sorts and Performance but they are not cheap. You won't get one for less than £16k. A1 Sports and Performance ocasionally get the odd 350Z too, but mostly still Supras,etc. To be honest, you won't find a 350Z for less than £14k, if you do be careful. Also most of the ones advertised on AutoTrader etc for low prices aren't anywhere near the UK yet. you'll have to wait weeks to get it and it'l need fully converting too.

Without exception all the imports are still badged as the FairladyZ so you will have to remove them and buy new badging. Also most imports have no rear spoiler which really affects the aesthetic look of the car. They can be sourced on this forum easily enough though but you'll have to paint it to match and fit it.

I would advise you to buy privately from someone in the UK who themselves bought an import and are now selling. That way they will have hopefully rebadged it, added the UK bits etc and will more importantly have some UK service history to ease any future pain and keep the residual up.

I did this. I have a black 350z (best colour in my humble opinion). It's an 03 reg. It was imported in 2004. Since then it has been rebadged and has rear spoiler but more importantly once in the UK for a while they can get UK Nissan Dealer history. Also a buyer can then see loads of Uk receipts,bills,etc. I still haven't got round to putting leather or brembo's on! The brakes are fine in normal conditions (I use the car to go to work, don't use it for track days!) and the velour seats are fine. All you care about when you drive the 350Z is the DRIVE! Solid, heavy feel through the geers, sharp responsive steering,looks to die for.

If you buy an import from a pivate seller you stand to get the best of both worlds. A cheaper 350Z as its an import but also the pece of mind of a car that has been looked after and has recepits,bills,etc from a UK Main Dealer which will help residuals when you come to sell).

Good luck mate. I've owned Evo's and Supras,etc bu the 350Z is a real throwback to the old muscle cars and a real head turner. You won't regret buying one. X

Mate, I live in the North East too. I live in Stockton on Tees but Work up near Newcastle.

JCImports was one of the places I visited. The cars he sells are okay. you won't get leather or brembos from most of the imports but as others have posted you can save money and do that yourself. Other options are Vine Place sorts and Performance but they are not cheap. You won't get one for less than £16k. A1 Sports and Performance ocasionally get the odd 350Z too, but mostly still Supras,etc. To be honest, you won't find a 350Z for less than £14k, if you do be careful. Also most of the ones advertised on AutoTrader etc for low prices aren't anywhere near the UK yet. you'll have to wait weeks to get it and it'l need fully converting too.

Without exception all the imports are still badged as the FairladyZ so you will have to remove them and buy new badging. Also most imports have no rear spoiler which really affects the aesthetic look of the car. They can be sourced on this forum easily enough though but you'll have to paint it to match and fit it.

I would advise you to buy privately from someone in the UK who themselves bought an import and are now selling. That way they will have hopefully rebadged it, added the UK bits etc and will more importantly have some UK service history to ease any future pain and keep the residual up.

I did this. I have a black 350z (best colour in my humble opinion). It's an 03 reg. It was imported in 2004. Since then it has been rebadged and has rear spoiler but more importantly once in the UK for a while they can get UK Nissan Dealer history. Also a buyer can then see loads of Uk receipts,bills,etc. I still haven't got round to putting leather or brembo's on! The brakes are fine in normal conditions (I use the car to go to work, don't use it for track days!) and the velour seats are fine. All you care about when you drive the 350Z is the DRIVE! Solid, heavy feel through the geers, sharp responsive steering,looks to die for.

If you buy an import from a pivate seller you stand to get the best of both worlds. A cheaper 350Z as its an import but also the pece of mind of a car that has been looked after and has recepits,bills,etc from a UK Main Dealer which will help residuals when you come to sell).

Good luck mate. I've owned Evo's and Supras,etc bu the 350Z is a real throwback to the old muscle cars and a real head turner. You won't regret buying one. X

;)

BTW i like the Fairlady badge! :teeth:

@ bigstej - I've vistited most of the places you mentioned and youre right the cars werent up to scratch for the money they are asking for them. Vine Place has had a few in but were not worth the 16k asking prices in my opinion. They still have a sunset one which they have dropped by £1500 over the past few weeks so they must have got it well cheap in Japan as its up for 14,995 now.....

I also had a chat with Jurgen at JM Imports where I believe nixy is getting her car from??

I was very tempted about going down the personal import route as I really wanted a pearl Version S but the more I thought about it I just dont thing I could bring myself to TT £15k or so to Japan for a car I've never seen or driven (in my opinion photos can hide a multitude of problems) plus the wait would kill me as I'd have to sell my current car first as I cant afford to run two loans as well as a mortgage.

This is why Im now looking at the earlier UK cars and I have seen the silver one mentioned - it looks very nice - miles a bit high but for just over 15.5k I cant grumble.

If I get an offer for mine soon I may well enquire about it and make the long journey from the toon down to Hemel Hempstead wherever that may be.....

I've just pm'd you. I've just put my 350Z up for sale. Have a look on pistonheads.co.uk, item Reference #170912. Black 350Z.

Someone take the car from me now before I realise my mistake and keep it!! A black 350Z for less than £14k, someone is in for a great bargain.