Clicking Axle Noise Solved - Try this first!!!!!

Mrdeli

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone around the South Coast/Dorset area had this done? I want to find a garage to do it and can't be bothered trying to explain it to the usual blank faces at most garages down here!

Maybe just print out the guide - its very simple - 1 hours labour at the very tops

mines gone in the garage, asked them to do this trick fix, i'll report the findings tomorrow!

oh and mintex pads screech like a mo fo, so having them changed tomorrow too!

You sure its not an absence of shims and/or suitable grease on the rear of the pads/shims?

Well they greased the pads to the max, the screech wouldnt go, he even tried some fancy machining of the pads as he does motorsport, didnt work, now have Brembo pads fitted, there's still a very slight screech on slowing whilst turning.

The click fix didnt totally work, i'd say its 50% better, only clicks on acceleration now, so probably have a dodgy CV joint too, he's going to re-grease it for me next visit, see if that works for now.

I tried the other 'quick' fix today, got the CV boot(s) off, the joints were pretty much bone dry...so completely re-packed with grease...and......still clicks ....just a lot quieter now they are covered in the slippery stuff....so looks like i'll have to go the replacement route at some point!

WD40 doesnt do diddly! why do people still see that stuff as treatment for anything other than WATER DISPERSANT !!

We know that, but its what Nissan dealers use in South West London when they have not got a clue and pray it stops the squeek of click long enough for the customer (Mug) to get off the forcourt and home b4 the noise returns!

:headhurt:

However its great for cleaning the crap off black exterior trim:)~