MREV2/Plenum spacer etc. Reduced!!!

GT4 Zed

Just got my Kinetix velocity inatke manifold(took 3weeks due to delay by UK customs :bangin: ) so the perfomance items below need to go.

The plenum spacer or Motordyne MREV2 needs no introduction as the best mods proven to make power/torque especially on the revup VQ engine. Only the spacer is required for Non-revups ;). I also got a second MREV2 up for sale which i bought my with my Kinetix manifold to cover some costs:teeth:

Motordyne MREV2. (2 in stock) SOLD

1-Off my car yesterday:

b5b0fc09.jpg

Installed 2+ years ago (Dynoed from 240WHP =>270WHP with these mods)

6d6f1827.jpg

2-Extra purchased used from US:

4a5c0275.jpg

As is on Motordyne website.

e3be357d.jpg

Custom plenum spacer with hardware. SOLD

This spacer is a custom. It fits perfect and taller(~1/2") than the MD 5/16th spacer for extra volume but clears the strut brace. Comes with all the hardware kit (Custom made by Horsham -dev @£50).

16fc1fb1.jpg

Hi

Really interested in the mrev and spacer.

Planning on the adding Berks hfc and up rec remap soon so would work perfect :)

Are these hard to fit? I've done the polished plenum so managed that! Lol or would it be better getting a garage to fit?!

If that bonnet didnt have those yellow stripes I would have it off ya, where abouts are you located?

Thanks, but If the bonnet was not painted it will not have been £350 :p

You can paint it :shrug:

Located in Worcester for all pick ups.

• 4 weeks later...

SOLD!!! Bulbs and Spacer :byebye:

Sale Pending on one MREV2. Can't believe its taken this while. Its a shame the spacer and MREV2 are not going to the same person as this makes gains and way cheaper than all the mods we spend hard earns on for little gains.

Whether these are original MREV2 or replicas i can say because the MREV2 is the OEM lower non revup plenum than has ben modified by motordyne after flow analysis. All i can say is i have had in total 3 MREV2s now. All purchased from the states used from different owners and they all look the same. I tuned the car with two and it delivered. first time without spacer and second with. My baseline was 240whp and up to 260whp with the MREV2 and 270whp with spacer. Other mods where K1 exhaust with Y-pipe, and HKS filter. There was no difference with the AEM CAI and OEM airbox with HKS filter between dyno tests so i sold it promptly for the bling crowd ;) My car is tuned with UTEC B) I promptly sold the Berks after so much rash and only 4whp to so for and went with Decats :cloud9: loud but when tuned makes power. My final dyno when i had done and tested all combos of mods was 284whp.

So the first i sold 2+ years ago to a member here(Introspect) and it made power/torque after reflash with Uprev :thumbs:

I repurchased replacement as soon as i had funds and thats whats been on my car until i removed now to instal my kinetix SSV.

The third one i bought together with the kinetix to offset the shipping and custom costs but in retrospect i would'nt have bothered as its taking much time to sell despite numerous pm's of interest :wacko: I am just recouping my purchase cost now which is why i have priced to sell. Hoped to get more.

Many pips in the US have copied it just like Abbey has done(its not a secret what they do its all visible to see!)and sells then for similar as motordyne prices when he can get his hands on these OEM plenums as they are rare to come by. Wasso(Ian) has one of such modified plenums from Abbey and it made gains.

So go figure what is original or replica i can say. But the facts speak for themselves.

ITs been proven time and time again what works or not for N/A on our cars

-Non revup

OEM airbox + filter

Plenum spacer

Decats or HFC

Y-pipe

and a tune: Uprev, Standalone ECU, piggyback ECU etc

Revup

OEM airbox + filter

Plenum spacer

MREV2 or modified plenum like it

Decats or HFC

Y-pipe

and a tune: Uprev, Standalone ECU, piggyback ECU etc

HR

Decats/HFC

y-pipe

And a tune

All other stuff, full exhaust system, grounding kits, CAI, voltage stabiliser or amplifiers, pulleys make little or no power but rather optimise function, pleasure or both and should beconsidered after the above.

So i hope i have answered the questions and pm querries :thumbs:

I can vouch for my replica, didn't know Abbey had worked on it as I was informed Dcash did it, but anyway, original or not it made sizeable gains and paired with the spacer is a WIN.

To identify between the MREV and Copy just looking at the plenum I don't think there's a difference, apart from the MREV2 will have 2 very smooth ports, where as the copies are the same but show signs of manual shaving of the ports. End result is the same.

ANYONE who is running a revup facelift should invest in the MREV and spacer, the sound increase is also nice too :thumbs:

i will accept £250 for the MREV2s delivered. Buyer pays the fees(4%)

They need to go! i am still shocked that these have not flown out . looks like bling sells not proven mods that make power :surrender:

If here at weekend then off to ebay.

Just popped over to GT4 Zed have the mrev2 installed. The unit was in excellent condition and Bennett is a top notch guy. The drive back was a enjoying drive noticed the difference in the mid-range torque even tough i didn't install the spacer or up-rev tune yet. Very happy with the whole thing, had a good test run afterwards as well.

Thanks Bennett...........

Just had them fitted by Bennett yesterday, had a good test run after the install, and what a joy to drive on the journey back. Notice a difference in torque around the mid-range. The item was in excellent condition and Bennett is a top notch guy. Thanks.......

Thanks Wayne for the feedback it's a shame bumble bee is on axle stands as you would have enjoyed a drive in it. Happy to help and let's know when you get spacers and a tune.

Your zed is one of the best I have seen and I did forget to take pics so please post up some pics and the custom work you have done B)

If you change your mind about the cwest lip let me know. It would be a shame to buy a brand new one and butcher it to my requirements.

Cheers :thumbs: