Capello Quits

spursmaddave

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The John Terry episode probably gave him the out he was looking for. He must have known for a long time that we are going to fail miserably yet again :scare:

Yep and much as I am loath to admit it, if anyone could take over and give us a chance of winning anything its HR... but uf the FA want a yes man it will all end badly as per usual....

Do Arsenal a favour and offer it to Arsene :lol::lol:

The John Terry episode probably gave him the out he was looking for. He must have known for a long time that we are going to fail miserably yet again :scare:

Yep and much as I am loath to admit it, if anyone could take over and give us a chance of winning anything its HR... but uf the FA want a yes man it will all end badly as per usual....

I like capello! Best record of any England manager, ever. Also bang on the money with Terry, as much as i detest Terry it's not the FAs remit to decide on England captain, if someone did that to me at my workplace I would be equally annoyed. As for HR, hate to say it but he isn't going to be some sort of magic dust for England, they will play no different and will perform no better, very average manager who like most managers performs in line with the value of his squad, there are a few genuinely world class managers out there and he isn't one of them I am afraid.

I'm not Terry's biggest fan but in a way I hope he is found not guilty just so the FA get some egg on their face by losing Capello. We have a good record with Capello and the main points are the FA shouldn't have the right to dictate the captain and Terry shouldn't be punished until he has faced a fair trail. You wouldn't be happy being laid off on someone else's word without fair trail.

I wouldn't trust the FA to run my local McDonalds let alone a major sport. I know a few people involved in football proper and they know it's just a back slapping old boys club of people so out of touch with the world. As much as it should annoy me it doesn't, why bother yourself when you have clowns running the circus, although I guess they are there to be laughed at. They just don't know it.

I dislike the FA, I disliked Capello, but i detest John Terry.

He should NOT be England captain - the FA did the right thing in my opinion. Innocent until proven guilty blah blah blah... he's brought the game into disrepute. He's in a position where he's looked up to by millions of kids in England, and he's put himself in the position where he's actually been charged with racial abuse, not just accused - charged with it! He's a loser. :thumbdown:

As for the england team and who should be manager etc... i honestly dont know. I dont like 'arry as a person, and other than the current form of his team, i dont think he's really done anything previously? I think the best choice for the England team would be Arsene Wenger... Arsenal need a change, he knows the English game, he nurtures young players very well, and he has a clear playing/tactical style that is closer to Spain/Barca than any other manager.

Regardless of Terry being charged or not it is largely irrelevant, it is not the FA's decision on whether a player is selected for England or whether he is selected as captain - lets be clear about it they do not make selection decisions it is not their job. By intervening they have undermined the manager, a weak manager like Pearce or the like would have just gone along with it, but a manager that knows his rights and his area of authority and his role in decision making, a manager that has achieved more in football than any of the FA board, knows that you don't take that sort of behaviour. By walking out he has shown what a bunch of old farts the FA are and how little they actually know about modern day football. I do hope it shakes it up over there in their little world, although no one in their right mind should take the England job.

...but the FA have seen that Crapello isnt going to discipline Terry at all, and that quite frankly his remaining as captain is going to seriously affect the team's preparations for the Euro's. Capello has shown his colours once before by reinstating Terry so in my opinion they had no choice but to step in. :shrug:

Terry needed to be dismissed, and if Capello's refused to do it, then what choice do the FA have?

If Terry is found guilty of racial abuse then I hope he gets punished to the full extent of the law. There is no place for racism in sport or in this country in my opinion. He should be dropped by club and country and made an example out of. That is IF he is found guilty, until then he's innocent.

I'm sure there will be loads of managers falling over themselves to manage England, it's a team with a great talent pool (unfortunately) but they always fall short. Normally by that time the rest of the UK has had enough of the media bleating on and on about the team though so are glad that no trophies are being paraded about London.... :blush:

If you want to blame anyone you need to blame the daft judge that thought the trial shouldn't commence until later in the year as it would 'disrupt Chelsea's season' which is an utter farce unto itself, what has a football season got to do with trialling someone for a race hate crime, football in that sense is just a trivial sport played out every week.

Still believe though that we will have the usual tosh line up for the England job, any right minded foreign manager wont go for it given the FA, so we will get this big clamour for an English manager from the public, HR will probably get it, nothing spectacular will happen and Harry will bemoan 'lack of preparation' and 'bare bones'. Bring on the next qualifying stages for the next tournament.

Terry had to go? Did he? Clearly some thought he did, others thought he didn't. So it isn't 100% he had to go this is whats fundamentally wrong with the whole stupid situation - yet the FA decided that they would take that decision, which wasn't theirs to take. Does the England manager march into FA HQ and tell them how to run football in this country? If the FA employ someone to run the England team, then they let them run it, regardless of what some 80somethings bordering on dementia in a board room who have never kicked a ball in their life think.

I know mate and I agree! Its not the FAs decision, as soon as they interfere its makes the manager position pointless. Any manager worth their salt would have done the same thing. It must be frustrating being such an experienced man in football, played for the top teams, played for your country, managed the best teams in the world and have a bunch of old boys club pensioners behaving up the way they do. Nightmare employers.

I dislike the FA, I disliked Capello, but i detest John Terry.

He should NOT be England captain - the FA did the right thing in my opinion. Innocent until proven guilty blah blah blah... he's brought the game into disrepute. He's in a position where he's looked up to by millions of kids in England, and he's put himself in the position where he's actually been charged with racial abuse, not just accused - charged with it! He's a loser. :thumbdown:

As for the england team and who should be manager etc... i honestly dont know. I dont like 'arry as a person, and other than the current form of his team, i dont think he's really done anything previously? I think the best choice for the England team would be Arsene Wenger... Arsenal need a change, he knows the English game, he nurtures young players very well, and he has a clear playing/tactical style that is closer to Spain/Barca than any other manager.

I agree with everything you have said there mate.

I cant stand how, not only Terry, but footballers in general, as 'rolemodels' for younger generations, get away with all that they do.

Terry has shown his true colours in the past as a pretty low character, and now has topped it off by being charged with racial abuse.

I dont think he should be captain of England. I think they should give it to someone else. Well, anyone other than Rio, as again, people seem to forget that he was suspended for a large amount of time due to performance enhancing drugs! Again, not a rolemodel in my eyes, which is what a captain should be to his players.

As for Wenger being England manager, I think he is too smart and too switched on to take the job. It would be good for the up-and-comings if he did though. But i cant see it!

All my own opinion of course ;)

...but the FA have seen that Crapello isnt going to discipline Terry at all, and that quite frankly his remaining as captain is going to seriously affect the team's preparations for the Euro's. Capello has shown his colours once before by reinstating Terry so in my opinion they had no choice but to step in. :shrug:

Terry needed to be dismissed, and if Capello's refused to do it, then what choice do the FA have?

But why did he need to be dismissed?

I am in no way a JT fan but he has been accused of something, what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I agree the judge is to blame for delaying it, but then thats nothing new either is it... If HR had been found guilty of Tax evasion he would have got longer in prison than a peado no doubt...

Well, anyone other than Rio, as again, people seem to forget that he was suspended for a large amount of time due to performance enhancing drugs!

Er, no he wasn't. He was suspended because he missed a test, and even the FA said there was no suggestion he was taking anything naughty at all.

I have no problem with the FA standing Terry down as captain, that's largely missing the point though. What they're essentially saying is that it's not okay to captain England if you're suspected of saying something racist, but it's perfectly acceptable to just play for England in that circumstance. That's just daft. I have no particular problem with Terry at all, when he's on form he's a fantastic player, but he hasn't been on it this season at all and probably doesn't deserve to picked on form anyway. The easy solution would've been just to make him ineligible for selection full stop, would've solved all these issues quite happily.

It does make me laugh how everyone thinks that JT is a racist now suddenly, despite there being zero trial right now. Oh but don't worry, he's a footballer who shagged his mate's missus, therefore he must be guilty!

Think everyone knows Terry is a nasty piece of work - and most have tried and found him guilty already, including the FA. Lets not confuse though the difference between a racist and someone who makes a racist remark, they can be miles apart. I am sure on the odd occasion the men on here have said something along the lines of 'damn women drivers', its not right, but doesn't make you an obsessive woman hater.

I actually think Terry will get prosecuted for it, but I still don't think it was right for the FA to intervene.

Well, anyone other than Rio, as again, people seem to forget that he was suspended for a large amount of time due to performance enhancing drugs!

Er, no he wasn't. He was suspended because he missed a test, and even the FA said there was no suggestion he was taking anything naughty at all.

I have no problem with the FA standing Terry down as captain, that's largely missing the point though. What they're essentially saying is that it's not okay to captain England if you're suspected of saying something racist, but it's perfectly acceptable to just play for England in that circumstance. That's just daft. I have no particular problem with Terry at all, when he's on form he's a fantastic player, but he hasn't been on it this season at all and probably doesn't deserve to picked on form anyway. The easy solution would've been just to make him ineligible for selection full stop, would've solved all these issues quite happily.

It does make me laugh how everyone thinks that JT is a racist now suddenly, despite there being zero trial right now. Oh but don't worry, he's a footballer who shagged his mate's missus, therefore he must be guilty!

I agree with all of that....