vin number check/

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi Mike,thanks for that

Thats put the cat amongst the pigeons...

According to that chart all Fairlady imports have a viscous lsd as standard, but I have read on this forum about JDM's that lsd's were not fitted to base Fairlady models? So does anyone know how to visually tell if I have a lsd or not please?

The upside is i now know what the gear ratios are for an auto so I can work out whether my speedo is accurate or not!

Very usefull download..thank you

JohnUKVetteNut

Hi Folks

Just to let you know I contacted Nissan Uk to check my car and they cannot help as its imported. But they gave me Nissan email in Japan and I emailed them and 12 hours later got a reply asking for vin number and they would send me a "build sheet" from their records!!

So have sent vin and awaiting reply..will post outcome

John UKVetteNut

Hi folks

i have had contact from Nissan Japan and emailed me a basic build sheet..(very courteous and quick service) and did confirm that i have a LSD ( viscous type fitted) so as my car is a base JDM model i assume that means all JDM's have lsd?

They are also sending me ( by post free of charge) a copy of the factory build sheet!

Brilliant service..just wish our UK car makers had the same outlook on their customers

JohnUKVetteNut