How to - Door glass wind noise fix

jables

With the purchase of my new Z I noticed there was quite a lot of wind noise coming from the passenger window, particularly noticeable at motorway speeds. I tried the reset window procedure but no joy. The motor seemed fine as well. On close inspection with the window lowered about 8mm I noticed that it wasn't touching the upper rubber seal tightly all the way across, unlike the drivers side. I nearly bit the bullet and wasted £250 on a new rubber windshield (yes, £250 for a piece of rubber!) but then stumbled across the following page in the service manual:

jables.png.3bd1877f1a1de62407c93f3deb669255.png

There's a tilt adjustment bolt that doesn't seem to get much of a mention having done some searching around. A few rotations was all that was needed to tilt the glass back in towards the upper seal so that it sat tight and flush with the seal. Wind noise gone. Cost £0 :D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

SO just to ask... The door has two special bolts, one at the front and one at the back, thr front one doesn't get a mention. On mine its a normal thread with a flat head slot in which then has a 12mm hex nut tieing it to the door frame, I gave it a few twists clockwise but didn't see any results. DO I need to unscrew the bolts above it and then use the adjuster bolt? As usual the guide says what to do without saying what to do.

Edited by MDMetal