Perforation Warranty Success (before/after pics)

threefiftyz

• 5 months later...

Emailed my local dealer (Glynn Hopkin, Leyton) about mine, which is pretty bad by comparison. They've been great so far, called me back the next day and asked me to bring it in for pics and a chat. Have printed off the first post of this thread and heading there shortly. Will keep this thread updated with how I get on....

It is in the dealer's interests to push a claim as they will benefit from the necessary work.

I just can't understand why some dealers don't really bother but great to hear some on here are getting results :thumbs:

I've moved this thread to the warranty section and pinned it to help others knowing the bonnet perforation is not an uncommon issue

Dealers initial response was "Only 6 year warranty on corrosion on that mate". Nice try buddy. Handed over the printouts of this thread, they took pictures, and said they will give me a call in a couple of weeks. As Ebized says above my local dealer has an onsite bodywork department so it should be in their interests to get this work authorised. Besides if Nissan UK authorise it for one then they theoretically should honour other similar claims......you'd think? :)

• 11 months later...

Going to have to try this myself, the bonnet has grown a pimple in a very obvious place. Fortunately I bought my car with FNSH and live pretty close to Preston (not that I think individual dealerships should differ), hoping I can get a similar outcome and i'll make sure to update here on how it goes.