Is this normal?

ashyk36

There is a very small delay in rpm dropping when throttle is taken off.

This combined with not fully lifting off the throttle when pressing the clutch (esp if you have a high biting point) will result in the rpm increasing for a short period of time.

i was thinking the same thing a few weeks back.

try this one - when you are in slow moving traffic, in first gear take your foot off the accelerator and my 350Z carries on driving at a steady speed without any pressure on the accelerator or having to dip the clutch because she is going to stall.

I think my 350Z might be possessed tbh. lol.

It's normal for it to do that, I drive to and from work at a snails pace most of the time in first/second and the car pulls itself along at 4-8mph without my foot on accel/clutch.

When you say the revs increase when you change gear, is it all gears at any speed or when you're going really slow? If you're going at a snails pace and stick the clutch in then revs in my car go up slighlty as it seems to use less revs crawling than at idle.

try this one - when you are in slow moving traffic, in first gear take your foot off the accelerator and my 350Z carries on driving at a steady speed without any pressure on the accelerator or having to dip the clutch because she is going to stall.

Any car will do this.

It's the engine idle revs driving the wheels because you have the car in gear.

actually it does it because of torque,

the engine has enough momentum to drive the weight of the car just on idle revs. if there wasn't enough torque in the engine and you tried it the car stalls out.

prime example is you can pull away in a diesel without using the accellorator as the higher torqued engine can pull its self on idle revs. big engines like V6 and v8s etc can also do this. just. try it in a 1.1 little thing and it usually stalls out without revs.

Epic facepalm! :doh:

I'm no mechanic but come on mate! :lol:

Doublefacepalm.jpg

Doublefacepalm.jpg

Be nice guys, some people just ain't mechanically minded.

My sister is convinced that Witchcraft makes her car go.

Thanks a buch Lexx.... you have completely ruined it for me now :angry: ..... at least Father Christmas is real :yahoo:

Yeah, but he doesn't have a Canadian visa.....

Thanks a buch Lexx.... you have completely ruined it for me now :angry: ..... at least Father Christmas is real :yahoo:

Awww FFS :angry:

Awww FFS :angry:

I wouldn't concern yourself, I happen to know you are not a very good boy anyway :p