H-Dev 350Z build

Jez @ H-Dev

Looking good mate :thumbs:

I will be following for tips :)

Just one question the bushes in the spring carrier make it as long as possible - I though the uppers were as long as possible that sort of beats the effect - or I got em backwards :lol:

Not a problem as they will need adjusting when you do the alignment. :thumbs:

Looking good mate :thumbs:

I will be following for tips :)

Just one question the bushes in the spring carrier make it as long as possible - I though the uppers were as long as possible that sort of beats the effect - or I got em backwards :lol:

Not a problem as they will need adjusting when you do the alignment. :thumbs:

Jez, out of curiosity: I see you've removed the nice heavy airbags, but I thought you'd no longer be able to do this under the new MOT rules. I'm guessing you've thought of that already so how do you plan on getting around it? The reason I ask is because I was planning on getting my dash retrimmed in leather which would need the airbag to be removed/deactivated so it didn't try and deploy through the leather in an accident. Obviously I can't do this under the new rules so have you found a way round it?

DB

Most rules are, ummm, flexible. If it gets to the point where I can't get an MOT then I'll just trailer it to events. I've not studied the new rules, but I'll be going to see a mate who is an MOT tester and see what he says. Hopefully it'll just be a case of getting the lights to do the right thing, if not then it'll be a track only car

Love it! That's gonna shift with all that weight loss! Will watch this closely!

Hopefully :D

We're down from 1471kg to 1290kg now, weighed it today - thats without seats, dash and cage fitted though.

We'll be removing the door window motors, rear wiper motor, the heater matrix and air con matrix along with the air con radiator and compressor - so that'll help too :)

• 4 weeks later...

It should stiffen things up a lot. Certainly did on my old S13 and that just had a bolt in cage.

When the car has been sprayed up, I'll be doing as many trackdays as possible - can't wait!

Then the decision will be what do I do about the engine. I'm currently thinking a VR38DETT is the way to go...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mmmm looking good! Interested to see how this handles with so much weight taken out the back of the car - i'd imagine it might be a bit lively under braking.

have you thought of shifting any of the front weight rearwards to try and even out the weight distribution?