Supercar Experience Info!

djrm

Hi everyone!

I have a question. My girlfriend, lovely as she is bought a me a Supercar Experience day for Xmas :yahoo:

I will get 3 laps driving a choice of 3 cars and wanted some advice to see what cars I should choose to drive!

The options are:

Nissan GTR

Lambo Mercialago

Ferrari 430

Audi R8

There are a few others but I don't have the papers with me here, I will add them later.

Which would you go for??

Thanks

Ryan B)

What company you doing it with ??

When I Went to mine it was very production line ish no personal touch at all basically get your laps done then do one, unless your willin to put you hand in your pockets prepar to be in and out within 10mins .

They don't let you "rag it" you get a wingie lad in the passenger seat say brake all the time . I waited till the last lap then hammered it and just blanked the lad :lol:

I would choose the gtr or r8 as I went in the Lamborghini last time and there not very raw there more progressive for being a big car .

Other than that I hope you have a better experiance than I did

+ 1 I had the Lambo too!

I was quite disappointed with my experience though...unfortunately there was torrential rain at the time I had my 'experience' and the instructor was being very strict. He wouldn't let me put my foot down and get forcing me to shift gear as soon as it hit 3k revs so couldn't really enjoy full power :rant: On top of that all the windows were steamed up so I couldn't see where I was going! I didn't think a supercar costing that much would have major condensation issues?! :wacko:

What company you doing it with ??

When I Went to mine it was very production line ish no personal touch at all basically get your laps done then do one, unless your willin to put you hand in your pockets prepar to be in and out within 10mins .

They don't let you "rag it" you get a wingie lad in the passenger seat say brake all the time . I waited till the last lap then hammered it and just blanked the lad :lol:

I would choose the gtr or r8 as I went in the Lamborghini last time and there not very raw there more progressive for being a big car .

Other than that I hope you have a better experiance than I did

Brother in law did this a few months ago,agree as above,wouldnt let them push cars at all,very dissapointed as it was a b'day present from family. :thumbdown:

I kinda fancy one of these 'experiances' but all i ever hear is that they are over in a flash and they restrict revs etc :thumbdown:

Has anyone come across a company that lets you have a 'proper' drive in a supercar?

Yes, exhilarate in Scotland. They actively encourage you to enjoy yourself as long as it's safe to do so. :)

The best experiance day I have ever been on wasn't a super car experience it was a rally day experience those guy let you rip the arse out of there cars and thank you for it .

I like supercars but they are to tame in the way they let you drive them compared to going sideways through a forrest at 90mph .

I have been on two rally experiences and 3 super car experiences , the rally ones win all day long.

Think the next one will be a drift experience day :thumbs:

Rally days =

http://www.tirallyschool.co.uk/

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/driving_expe ... _day/1578/

Agreed they're over too quick. I did the Ferrari experience at silverstone they encouraged you to accelerate hard and brake hard and late but regardless of which package you take it's more about the track than the car- learning racing lines and getting good lap times etc. Would do it again in a heart beat

From that list I'd go GTR, lambo and 430 purely on looks

I did mine in a Gallardo, had around 5 laps, it was 'Everyman' the company that did it.

The guy was saying when to shift, so I listened to him for the first 4 laps then ignored for the last and just blasted it !

Also I have done a caterham drift day, this was full of blokes in 'VXR Racing' or 'Ferrari' jackets who didnt know which pedal was which. This was pretty fun although you only had a lap at a time in the car so alot of time was spent swapping over.

just to add if they ask you if you want extra insurance for £25 or so do it. then if you crash or damage the car you can just walk away, one bloke smashed the wing mirror off a LP640 and had to pay the exess.

where i went the cars were a little worn and the brakes warped to hell but as long as you didnt drive directly behind the car in front you could do what you want.

if you can do a rally day do that as well, there so much better and will make you really think about your driving ability as there care the life out of you

Looking at some of the replies what did you guys expect, its not Top Gear or 5th Gear, they wouldn't chuck you the keys to £150k of car and let you thrash it round a track for half an hour....

Being dissapointed with someone sat in the passenger seat telling you what to do is not really being realistic is it :shrug:

Anyway choose the car that floats your boat and have fun :thumbs:

Guys i used to be an instructor for drivers dream days and Everyman racing..... And quite a few of these comments are wrong lol

Dave is right, the aren't going to give you the keys and let you do wha you want, but the guys at Everyman used to try and give all the drivers as much fun as possible, at the ed of the day, we're all petrol heads, so why ruin someone's fun! :)

Also, just so you know, the instructors are personally liable for the driver and the car, if you bend it, we pay to mend it :dry:

I understand that there not going to let your just do what you want but they should let you get a feel for the car and for the money you pay for these experiences I think they should let you open them up to see what they can do.

Sorry but I would never waste my money doing another "super car" experiance again when you can do the likes of a rally or drift day where they let you get the full potential of the car and encourage you to push .

This opinion has been made due to doing a few "super car " experiences and every one has been the same.

I understand that there not going to let your just do what you want but they should let you get a feel for the car and for the money you pay for these experiences I think they should let you open them up to see what they can do.

Sorry but I would never waste my money doing another "super car" experiance again when you can do the likes of a rally or drift day where they let you get the full potential of the car and encourage you to push .

This opinion has been made due to doing a few "super car " experiences and every one has been the same.

This is because your expectations are not realistic.

A rally/drift company can let you thrash their cars as they are probably worth about £5k each.

Before people moan about not being allowed to drive a Lambo/Ferrari exactly how they want, they should think about if they had shelled out £200k of their own cash, would they allow people to jump in a thrash it? No.

I paid £90k for my Gallardo no one ever drove it apart from me, not even my wife. If I'd invested that money in a car and it was not only a car but also a business investment and was my livelihood, would I let inexperienced people into the car and cane it around a track? No.

People need to realise that these 'experience days' are not ever going to be a true reflection of the car or the ownership experience. Its about getting in a car that most people will never even see on a road let alone own one. If you want to drive it like you stole it, you can hire any car you like for about £600 a day as long as you leave a £5k deposit. Then see how brave you are when it's only your £5k on the line........