The 2012 F1 Chat Thread

CaptainSensible

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raikkonen fastest this morning, Vettel slowest :lol: . Once again you can throw a blanket over the 10 teams that are testing. This afternoon is the last day that the teams will get to run their cars before Australia, I wonder if one of the grandee teams will throw down the gauntlet!

Pete

Come to learn these testing sessions are just that and teams are sand-bagging if they know they are onto a winner - I'm sure it will be the usual suspects up front but an "informer" (not wholly reliable as he lurks around here and no, it is not Daryl :p ) tells me RB have a little exhaust mod up their sleeves. :lol:

Come to learn these testing sessions are just that and teams are sand-bagging if they know they are onto a winner - I'm sure it will be the usual suspects up front but an "informer" (not wholly reliable as he lurks around here and no, it is not Daryl :p ) tells me RB have a little exhaust mod up their sleeves. :lol:

I'm hoping the other teams have a nice surprise as well, as much as Red Bull are good and all that having them run away with the season makes for a boring battle.

I don't mind one team running away with it, I just want qualy to be a little closer which should make the race more of a battle.

Still, it looks like Ferrari are going to be gash for the first few races which is great news :yahoo:

I don't mind one team running away with it, I just want qualy to be a little closer which should make the race more of a battle.

Qualifying and the Race should be a proper battle to make it exciting. If one team starts to run away with it early I fear the viewers will turn off.

... But fair play to the runaways for making the best car... again :lol:

If really thought McLaren would have put on a stepped nose by now. if they qualy highest with a nice looking car then the rest of the field are going to look a bit stupid.

I'm also looking forward to watching the rookies race. the battle between Diresta and hulkenburg will be a good one aswell. EXCITED!!! :yahoo:

Sky F1 is really, really impressive.

It needs to be to recoup their costs. Will have cost them a fortune and they're not making it back with current customers. They'll be wanting to take all the beeb customers who dont have Sky (like me). I'll be sticking to the highlights though. Quite looking forward to getting some weekends back TBH :lol:

I'd imagine its very good, but I'm not paying £40/mo to watch 2 or 4 races, comes down to pay-per-view as I wont use any of the other channels. If it were free though ... (not that the beeb is, but we have to pay for that!)

You're really missing out. If this taster is indicative of the real thing, then this is p*ssing all over the Beeb from a great height.

Yep, looking really good so far :thumbs: . There's only one thing that's nagging away and that's the level and length of adverts. I know the races will be uninterrupted but does that include safety car periods and what about qualifying?

Pete

Sky F1 is available on the Sky Player online Free.

All you need is someone in your family or a close friend (who has sky sports package ) to let you register your computer or x box etc as one of their allowed mobile/computer devices.

My mate at work de registered his I phone as he no longer had it and gave me his log on details.

Bingo! I have Sky player, Sky movies, Sky sports, and more importantly Sky F1. all for free. :p

The quality is not HD but it is as good or better than sd freeview if your bandwith and speed is ok. I only have 3-5meg and on a wireless network with a 42" screen its great.

You're really missing out. If this taster is indicative of the real thing, then this is p*ssing all over the Beeb from a great height.

Well of course, thats what you'd expect when its getting an entire channel to itself, instead of fitting in a slot of regular programming.

I'd imagine its very good, but I'm not paying £40/mo to watch 2 or 4 races, comes down to pay-per-view as I wont use any of the other channels. If it were free though ... (not that the beeb is, but we have to pay for that!)

Well the service I was watching it on seemed perfectly acceptable, but then I'm already paying BT £40 a month for my internet so it bloody well should allow savings elsewhere!