The 2012 F1 Chat Thread

CaptainSensible

I quite like ant davidson too. He was good when je was doing the alternative commentary on bbc also

Yes, his analysis is spot on, he has a great eye for the very fine details too :thumbs: . Also, he was a lot better driver than he was given credit for.

Pete

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a boring race yesterday, to think I could have gone out on the bike instead! Well done to Webber though. Poor performance from McLaren again, Schumi let down by Merc again, I don't know why but I really wanted to see him get up on the podium, shame about the penalty but that's what you get for ramming other drivers. Who's next to win? I think Button needs it more than anyone.

The accident in the GP2 race just shows to me how unsuitable this circuit is for modern open wheel racing. You don't really see the most frightening bit till around 2.40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCte8-m-Xqg&feature=related

If it wasn't for the fact that this is more of a social meet for the hugely wealthy it would have been scrapped years ago.

Pete

As i linked on the previous page. GT racing is so much better to watch. Just hasn't had the bernie effect. I find it funny how peopole would rather watch 2 ours of boring formula one than an action packed GT race that is so much more down to earth and exciting

If you like racing you should check it out the racing is full on from start to finish and the cars are beasty versions of the GT / supercars we all know and love on this forum. no GT-Rs this year though, but the Mclarens and SLS' make up for that

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Boi!!!!

That was a GREAT race...!!!! Absolutely brilliant, so happy for Lewis... long over due.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

+1 Great drive, great racer. Storming drive from Perez as well from 15th on the grid! B)

• 2 weeks later...

What a race of high drama! :surrender: Think the stewards will be having a late one after this :lol:

Felt very sorry for Lewis who once again drove a stormer in a slower car until Mclaren once again ****ed up his pit stop and then was punted off the road by the bellend that is Pastor Maldonado :dry: What a w@nker and ****ing useless when it comes to wheel to wheel racing :thumbdown:

FFS he would have easily passed Hamilton before the end if he had been patient and bided his time, Hamiltons tyres were absolutely shot! :wacko:

About 10 seconds before Lewis went out I said he should just let him go, no point risking 4th when someone in a much faster car is getting too close for comfort, also by having to drive that defensive you're both slowing each other down and probably putting yourself in line for another fight for 5th. Maldonado's fault imho, but something Lewis should have avoided anyway.

Hmmmmmm..... wonder how many grid places Pastor will go back in the next race........if not a race ban altogether.

His impatience is reminding me of Lewis last year...... :shrug:

Good stuff at the end though - well done Fernando and a bit sad for Seb.

I havent seen thee race as i'm on holiday but I have been saying since he joined f1,pastor is a ****er. I was so pi**ed off when he got that race win.he doesn't deserve it.he can't race. Not only that but he's an arrogant grumpy know-all. But thats what happens when drivers are chosen because of sponsorship rather than skill.

Good race, Lewis should have gone for a certain 4th and let Pastor go but that's racing. Maldano takes a 20 second penalty moving Senna up to 10th, no penalty for Schumacher.

Pete

Hmmmmmm..... wonder how many grid places Pastor will go back in the next race........if not a race ban altogether.

Should get a 5 place drop Colin, well he had better anyway. Thats twice the stupid idiot has crashed in the closing stages this year. What with antics last year with Lewis at Spa and Perez in Monaco he wants a proper slapping down imho. :slap:

Why he did not have the patience to wait god knows, I would have passed him in my Rover 200 with the level of grip he had! :wacko:

Well may be not :lol:

Maldano takes a 20 second penalty Pete

Far too light a penalty - that's no more than a slap over the wrist - he was off track, Lewis was clearly in front and was barged into putting him out of the race and that cannot be right :thumbdown:

Maldano takes a 20 second penalty Pete

Far too light a penalty - that's no more than a slap over the wrist - he was off track, Lewis was clearly in front and was barged into putting him out of the race and that cannot be right :thumbdown:

+1 But seemingly true :thumbdown:

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/78 ... pean-point

He obviously drives whilst on crack at the same time! :wacko:

"He (Hamilton) tried a very aggressive movement on me," said the Venezuelan.

Has anyone seen anything about Alonso not taking his car back to the pits? I hope they at least check he had enough fuel to get there and give a sample or it will be another case of 1 rule for Fezza and a different rule for the rest.