Track day insurance

dragon

A few people I know use these guys http://www.competition-car-insurance.co.uk/index.htm - my neighbour got an excellent deal from them fully comp including 7 track days per year anywhere in Europe for his Elise - pretty sure it was less than £350 all in. When he did need to make a claim for a total loss (not his fault and on the road) they dealt with him quickly and fairly taking full account of real value of the car.

Steer clear of the one track day insurances - they cost around £70-£100 and when you stop to read the small print you are only covered for impact - i.e. if you hit or are hit by someone else. At a well run day this is unheard of. It is much more likely that any damage you sustain would be down to spinning and hitting a wall or going arse deep into the kitty litter. Most insurances will not cover for you 'finding your own limits' ;)

• Like 1

Another +1 for REIS, they don't accept under 25s though on their sports car scheme so I had to move insurer when I got the Porker as I wanted the missus on it too. As soon as she hits 25 though, REIS will be the first company I'll ring for a quote, Mary and Steve there are brilliant :thumbs:

I have personally never bothered with trackday cover because the excess is usally £3000-£5000 pound.

Therefore you need a pretty big shunt to do that much damage.

I am only talking about the one day cover policies at £70 - £100 though.

I have no experience of REIS but I'm definitely going to give them a call next year when my current insurance policy expires. I never knew you could get road cover that included track day insurance!! :thumbs:

• 1 year later...

Just another one to add to the mix when getting trackday cover:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2013/03/trackday-insurance-cover-from-sky-insurance/

Never had trackday insurance even going to the Ring but will consider it if the price is right seeing that I will be bumping my power output by a bit soon.

So do you do cover for the Ring? PM some quotes. 40 yrs. male with 8 yrs. NCB. Modified zed soon to be supercharged.

• 3 years later...

Realise the last post was 3 years ago!

I used moris, cost £150 for three track days (with having done 4 previous track days, 38, no accidents/points in last five years). It only covers impact etc on track, I opted to the mid-level personal injury insurance (£50k) and I think some form of excess waiver, need to check that, the option of recovery from track wasn't available despite being advertised.

I have road insurance with Sky and was surprised that their track day insurance is separate, can't add it on as it seems you can with some of the others mentioned above.

Useful thread; will look at the alternatives above when organising next years insurance.

Edited by Oversteer

• 9 months later...