My M3 after 2 weeks ownership

lilsheepshagga_turbo

harrow guys and girls

As some of you may know i've recently sold the zed for an E92 m3. Just thought id write a little review of it.

so my car as follows:

2008 M3v8 6MT

22500 miles on the clock

Tv function

Heated seats

Black novillo leather

Alpine audio

Bmw online portal

Anthracite roof lining

High gloss shadowline

USB

plus all the standard stuff like p.d.c and xenons etc

handling:

It handles much much better than the zed out of the box, the oem is set up just right for the british roads in my eyes. Its sprung fairly hard and the damping somehow manages to be comfortable and firm at the same time, something which i found i had a problem in the zed. The zed when pushed hard begins to feel mushy and floaty where as the m3 just gets more taught the harder you push. i opted out of buying a car with E.D.C as i found the settings not quite to my liking, normal was just a bit soft and sport mode was granite hard. the non edc is setup between normal and sport so i found it to be the best of both worlds. the steering is razor sharp, i found myself turning the wheel to much in the first few days and the the feedback through the thick wheel is on a whole new level to the zed.

speed:

Well i think it goes without saying the M3 is quick. ive read many motoring articles saying the m3 doesn't have enough torque and quite frankly i think they are talking ****. yes it may only have 295 ft lbs but the gears in essence are short but because the car revs to 8500 rpm it doesn't ever feel bogged down, the 60-85 mph in 6th gear would worry manya cars with higher torque figures.

its not as quick as my brothers m5 but its not far off it. its really is a rapid car

The m3 really is an incredible car, i have space in my car for 4 adults, its brilliant as a GT car when your not in the mood, very little wind noise at 70 mpg, some tyre noise does come through the cabin but i personally like that (still much less road noise than the zed). when you are in the mood and press the M button the car becomes an animal, steering i personally have it on a heavy setting and the throttle is super sport which is the most sensitive and it just feels like im driving a touring car.

Inside the cabin is a very nice place to be aswell. i dont find the i drive difficult to use at all, the fit and finish is brilliant and the plastics are very soft touch.It has some brilliant little touches like an illuminated gear knob and the rev limiter moves itself pending on how warm your engine is. the heated seats are particularly nice in the current weather and the car heats up very quickly in anyways.

My only slight dissapointement is the exhaust, that is going to be rectified very soon. the mpg hovers around 20 but the tank is puny (iirc 60/65 litres) so im at the pumps a bit more but never mind.. the joys of a V8 motoring..

so overall im very very happy with the car. i have some mods due in the next few weeks and ill keep everyone posted

thanks for reading

-ho

Makes me laugh that the first option you mention it has is the TV tuner, that's the option I always miss out on mine on purpose through fear of embarrassment! :lol:;)

Good write up fella, glad to hear you're enjoying it. They are so very quick both in a straight line and round a corner, just lacking a little in emotion for my taste though. No doubt a stunning car to look at and own though :thumbs:

Makes me laugh that the first option you mention it has is the TV tuner, that's the option I always miss out on mine on purpose through fear of embarrassment! :lol:;)

Good write up fella, glad to hear you're enjoying it. They are so very quick both in a straight line and round a corner, just lacking a little in emotion for my taste though. No doubt a stunning car to look at and own though :thumbs:

hahhaha its a nice thing to have :p it agree it is a bit souless when driving normally but as soon as the m button is hit it completely changes :)

captain: i paid £24,500 but one of my staff works at the dealer i bought the car from so i got 2k discount and tyre+ gap insurance for free :D

forgot to mention insuring it is surprisingly cheap aswell.. my annual premium for my micra and the M3 comes in at £1130, i think the bimmer was £840 pounds so it was a nice surprise:D

I have a driven an e92 m3.

I have to say I am a BMW M fan but the e92 didnt do it for me. It's fast, no doubt but its just too refined to feel exciting at anything less than 100mph. It does grip, turn and stop very well.

I found the steering to be too light and the gear change to feel flimsy and again too light.

A great car if it floats your boat but I am after something a little more raw and involving.

I have a driven an e92 m3.

I have to say I am a BMW M fan but the e92 didnt do it for me. It's fast, no doubt but its just too refined to feel exciting at anything less than 100mph. It does grip, turn and stop very well.

I found the steering to be too light and the gear change to feel flimsy and again too light.

A great car if it floats your boat but I am after something a little more raw and involving.

Fair fair enough buddy. I know it won't be everyone's cupa but it suits me down to the ground. I love it's whole Jekyll and Hyde personality. I'll be acquiring a s2k soon enough so I will be covered for something more raw as well :)

I do have to agree on the gear box though. Moving from the zed which has a heavy shift to the light shift on the m3 is ermm strange. The throw is less direct somehow.

-ho