Nissan Warranty - Self Service?

Dom187

Just about to order some bits to do a self service on my 350z, just had a thought will this void my Nissan Warranty? I have got the doc's at home so I can look tonight but I just wondered if anyone knew off the top of their head?

Thanks

Dom

Some people had extended warranties. Mines is 2006 and still in warranty until last year. Fed up paying for it when Nissan don't want to fix things. Although it has changed drastically over the last year so no way they'd fix anything on it now.

How old is your car, if its a 350Z the warranty should have finished anyway :shrug:

a few will have been registerd in 2009 and so may be covered with Nissans 3 year warranty, or it maybe covered by a dealers 12 month warranty.

Would be concerned it may void any warranty if it is a scheduled service.

If you are concerned, the short answer is that, yes, self-servicing will invalidate.

However, if you can get an independent to do using genuine Nissan parts that would be OK

I'm sure it doesn't need to be genuine parts. As long as its of the minimum standards set by Nissan. Nissan serviced mines with all my own stuff.

If you change parts it will invalidate the warranty on that part and any other components affected by the change, ie suspension to aftermarket etc.

For a service all you need is oils and filters. Nissan filter is cheap as chips anyways, I used the nismo veruspeed filter and castrol edge 5w30 and Nissan done the labour for £100 quid.

This was at a time where I wanted to keep the car under dealer warranty. Now my eyes are open I wouldn't do it again.

For servicing it can be done at any vat registered garage. As long as the books stamped and oil etc has been changed that's all that matters.

I know this after a legal battle with BMW mini a couple of years back. :thumbs:

Thanks for the responses guys,

I think I best look at the paper work, but in short my plan is.

Buy stuff from Alex, Oil + filters etc

Take it to self service garage, basically you hire out a lift and tools.

Do the service myself.

Get the service booked stamped by the garage, they check over what you have done to make sure that your not saying you have done more work than you have. I would have thought they would be VAT registered.

If I do the above it will save me abit of money and I know it will be done properly.

The car I have got is a 2008 which is covered by an extended warranty.

The VAT registered bit is no longer a requirement after recent changes to the block exemption terms and conditions. ;)

So, an appropriate Nissan service check list and a receipt for the parts is all that you will require.

This means that a DIY service (even in your drive way) with the above will not invalidate your warranty. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

The VAT registered bit is no longer a requirement after recent changes to the block exemption terms and conditions. ;)

So, an appropriate Nissan service check list and a receipt for the parts is all that you will require.

This means that a DIY service (even in your drive way) with the above will not invalidate your warranty. :thumbs:

Thats fantastic info, great to know!

Should be made a sticky :thumbs:

Alex, as always I bow to you!!!

So I just need to make sure I follow what they would do on a service and bobs your uncle? :yahoo:

+1 for a sticky

IMO if your car is within 6months of the end of warranty it's doubtful that the word warranty is even worth the paper its written on.

I had an Audi TT 225 2weeks in warranty with an oil pump failure, 1destroyed engine no joy from the manufacturer & cost of rebuilding / reboring the engine.

So I'm all for self servicing, so long as its done properly

• 6 years later...

Where do you buy your service bits. I’m torn between me doing the service, or Nissan (just to keep the maintenance  book stamped.!!) 2007 HR.

Or there’s always the local little garage up the road....